Looking For Some Truffles...

Baking By heathercarnold Updated 11 Feb 2006 , 2:38pm by PinkPanther

heathercarnold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathercarnold Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to make wiltons heart cake with truffles. But have never made truffles before.. Any good recipes anyone could share? I would like the fill them with something, instead if solid chocolate. Thanks..!!!

5 replies
hn87519 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hn87519 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 6

I make my fillings with a ganache with a hint of liqueur (whatever I'm in the mood for.)

Always use really good chocolate with truffles. You can not skimp there.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

I have a good, easy recipe I use from Valrhona's website, but it doesn't have a filling. Let me know if you still want it and I"ll post it. icon_smile.gif

heathercarnold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathercarnold Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 3:26am
post #4 of 6

PinkPanther, I would love to at least try it if it's not a hassel...thanks

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 6

I have a lot of ganache left over... any suggestions on what I can use it for? I was thinking of crumbling my cake tops and mixing with the ganache to make cake balls. Anyone ever tried that?

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 6

Heather, here you go! icon_smile.gif

Chocolate Truffes
au chocolat noir
Intense and very chocolaty, a truffle is a soft,
melting ganache simply powdered with cocoa.

Recipe
700 g (24.5 oz) Noir Gastronomie VALRHONA
500 g (2 cups) whipping cream
100 g (7 tablespoons) butter
powdered cocoa

Chop the chocolate and put it into a bowl. Bring whipping cream to a boil. Pour the boiling hot cream a bit at a time over the chopped chocolate, stirring with a whisk. When the cream is incorporated completely and the mixture is perfectly smooth, add butter to the ganache, bit by bit, while smoothing with an immersion blender.

When this mixture is finished, keep it in a covered plastic container in the refrigerator for several hours.

To make the truffles, dip a melon-baller in hot water and shake off the excess. Make small balls out of the ganache, then roll them in powdered cocoaVALRHONA, of course.

Keep your truffles in a cool place, or refrigerate them, until you are ready to eat them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%