Chat Rooms Are Terrible

Lounge By dydemus Updated 27 Feb 2006 , 1:07pm by bethanne73

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 12

Is it just me or does it seem like hardly any place is safe to "chat" with people without being bothered by perverts? I was so happy to find Cake Central message forums where I can exchange ideas with like minded cake loving people - sometimes about baking, sometimes about silly things. thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 2:34am
post #2 of 12

Chat rooms...hmmmm...always lurking with the pervs. Mind you, I've been called a perv before..but always in a nice way! At least here, I doubt that you will be accosted with anything more than a good recipe. Enjoy it!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 12

Yep..I agree with Dale.....I have never seen any posting here even remotely inappropriate (in a predator sort of way) . Generally, people here are friendly, courteous and helpful which is why a paranoid person like myself has stayed so long.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 3:43am
post #4 of 12

It's not even just chat rooms, but even other message boards. I've posted to other boards on topics that were of interest to me, but truly this is the only one I've found were I felt comfortable. So many are full of people who want to bicker and debate every little thing. Many are rude and self-serving, very unpleasant, and yes even some who are just plain nasty. thumbsdown.gif I don't waste my time there.

Love this forum! thumbs_up.gif You're all great! Very informative and just a great bunch of people to visit with! Thanks for that. icon_lol.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 3:33am
post #5 of 12

I have really enjoyed reading the forums on CC. I live alone and when I get lonely, I just turn on the PC and go to CC!! I have learned a few tips and have been able to voice my opinions and have learned I'm not the only one with problems!!!

Some forums I have gone to were so vulgar they made me blush and I'm pretty liberal. icon_redface.gif Some are so religious I wasn't comfortable. I think CC just hits a happy medium we can all enjoy. icon_biggrin.gif

The more things I see on TV about chat rooms and predators, the more I watch my grandchildren when they're using my PC. It is unbelieveable the things you can see on the Internet. icon_mad.gif

Thanks everyone for such a good clean place to chat. thumbs_up.gif

Diane

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 9:06am
post #6 of 12

I agree, this is a nice safe place to hang out.... icon_biggrin.gif

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 12

I've never ventured too far in chatrooms ...this is the first place online that I feel I can find nice people .. I agree with you.

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 12

Cake Central is the first forum I've ever been involved with. I have always been leary about blogs/chat rooms. I tried joining a meet.up for cake decorators in New York, but I think everyone was leary...it never got off the ground and was disbanded before anyone met. I've only been a member for a short time, but I am amazed at how generous everyone is with their helpful hints and ideas. I have learned a great deal here already. Thanks, everyone for making Cake Central a very special place to be! thumbs_up.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 12

I made the mistake of clicking on "discussion" on an article I had read on my yahoo page. OMG! I was horrified at the language and the vulgar things that they said in their comments. I use to own a bar and I didn't allow talk like that. I'm glad we can all express ourselves without the vulgarity. I, too, appreciate all the tips and suggestions I see here.

Diane

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 2:39pm
post #10 of 12

IS THIS A CHAT ROOM!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm never coming back! Just kidding~ but my point is that I think of this place as a gathering of friends....and it is. New and old, and I truly treasure what it has become as a source of ideas and support. The net can be a bummer in alot of ways~ this is a refreshing exception!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 2:26pm
post #11 of 12

Kudos to Jackie and Heath for making this a welcoming place to hang out.

bethanne73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethanne73 Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 1:07pm
post #12 of 12

I'm so thankful my son isnt big on the computer right now. I have watched the two episodes on Dateline about the child predators online....I was absolutly disgusted by it. In the 3 days they were there, 50 men showed up to this house thinking they were going to have sex with a child. What was even more disturbing was the professions these men were in.... a rabbi, a teacher, firefighter, former POLICE OFFICER. Horrible!

I really have enjoyed being here as well. I've just recently gotten more involved in the forums, but I love it already thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%