Volleyball Cookies, Want Name And # On Them?

Baking By vitade Updated 9 Feb 2006 , 11:17pm by vitade

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, I need some advice please.

I am so excited to have an order for cookies for the girls jv volleyball team! I did some searching to see what a ball looks like, no problem there.

The issue is she wants me to put the girls name and number on the ball. Isn't that going to look, well, funky? I've been driving myself crazy looking for an example of one, but can't find any anywhere. Ive drawn it out a million times, it just doesn't look good. I thought about just adding another cookie to the bag shaped like a megaphone and putting this info on there, but that's twice as many cookies to make and I already quoted her a price. What would you do? Can anyone point me to a picture of something similar so I can "see" what it would look like.

PLEEASSE! ANYTHING!

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 5

maybe this
LL

vitade Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 5

Do you think that looks okay? I mean, that's kinda what I've been thinking and drawing, I just wonder how it will look for real. Do you think it will still look like a volleyball? And I was thinking of doing their name and number in a different color, like the school colors which are navy and yellow.

Thanks, ... did you draw that?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 5

it's close enough that they'll get it

school colors... well, like, of course! (in his worst imitation of a valley girl cheerleader)

(i used clip art ball and added word art on top -- done in MS Publisher)

vitade Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

lol,

Ewe my Goad, like, thank you.

I will be starting on these soon and will post when I finish.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%