Drying Cookies

Baking By tsuitor Updated 12 Feb 2006 , 2:43am by acookieobsession

tsuitor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsuitor Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 6

Do you leave your cookies out on a table to dry? If so, do you cover them with anything? Won't the cookies dry out if I leave them out too long? HELP!! I have to make 200 cookies by Valentines day. They are all decorated with royal icing. They are no fail sugar cookies.
Thanks!!
taresa

5 replies
Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 6

I leave mine out until dry and then package them up. They sit out usually overnight. But I don't use the no fail sugar cookie recipe, I use an almond butter recipe so it could be different for that cookie. Mine taste great and hold their moisture fine sitting out overnight.

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 6

I leave mine out on a counter to dry overnight. They stay fresh. I've even had some sit out on a plate for a couple of days and they were still good - at least to my hubby and daughter.

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6

Usually if I have just a few dozen to dry I'll make a little tent out of waxed paper but maybe some one has another metiod for larger quantities! They are probably fine without any covering!

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 5:27am
post #5 of 6

Hi,

I just finished with 1500 cookies for valentines. I used the No fail sugar cookie recipe and Antonia's icing recipe. If I iced them early in the day then I would let them air dry on the table. I covered them by making a 'tent' using a very thin chiffon fabric and allowed them to dry. If I did them too late I packed them on trays and let them dry in my oven overnight. Worked well for me.

Regards
S

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:43am
post #6 of 6

If you have enough pans you can invert one pan on another.... However I leave mine out on a rack to dry...they are just fine for at elast 2 days, possibly more depending on your humidty and stuff..

Good Luck

Julia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%