Question For Turtleshell......

Decorating By melissablack Updated 10 Apr 2005 , 5:23am by tcturtleshell

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 3

I just realized that you live in the same neck of the woods as I do (well sort of, anyway)... and I'm wondering if you could answer a question for me?

I've been having a lot of icing problems, being that whenever I try different recipes, that everyone claims are so good, they are so runny for me, don't smooth well, etc... I kept thinking it was the recipe, but do you think it is because of the humidity here in Louisiana?

I don't know if this post is making sense, I'm tired and sick right now, lol.

Thanks!
Melissa icon_smile.gif

2 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 4:05am
post #2 of 3

I was so excited to read your post!!! Where do you live in Louisiana? It would be great IF we lived close to one another!

The only problem I've had has been with royal icing being too runny. I put cornstarch in it to thicken it up. It works really great.

Give me the name of the recipe & the problems you've been having & I'll try to help you!!

Sorry I'm just getting around to checking my mail. I haven't been on here today. Been too busy~ I hope you are feeling better.

I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHERE YOU ARE. If you want to talk private email me or send me a private message.
Blessings~

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 5:23am
post #3 of 3

Melissa I got your email but I haven't had a chance to answer yet. Please bear with me... LOL.. We're doing spring cleaning at my house this weekend!!! Gosh, knows we need to with all this pollen in the air!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%