Red Royal Icing???

Baking By Jennaro Updated 10 Feb 2007 , 4:35am by cakemommy

Jennaro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennaro Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 1:25am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone - just wondering if it's possible to get really red royal icing. I keep adding more and more color and it never seems to get red. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

7 replies
slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 2:30am
post #2 of 8

I've done it, but just a small amount (8 oz or so) at a time.

I used the Americolor red red, I think, and just kept adding until it was close, then let it sit for a couple of hours.

Check my santa bouquet photo, some of the red there is the red royal, others is the red egg paint.

Laura.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 4:42am
post #3 of 8

It's very possible (and easier b/c you need so much less!) with the Americolor shades. Here are some cookies I did today, using just a few drops of the Red Red colouring... icon_wink.gif
LL

Jennaro Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 1:05pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks - i will just keep adding color then.. It's just weird b/c i can add a little black and get a really dark black but with the red i have to keep adding red.. I will have to order some of the americolor food color.

Thanx again!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 8

you could also try leaving the colored icing sitting for a while befor eyou use it. The color will deepen some. I made some red dresses with royal icing - they're in my photos of Holiday Clothes...

good luck!

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 8

Yes... you definately need to let the colour "develop"! Mix it 'till it's close, then leave it for a couple of hours. It will have darkened a LOT! Then you can add just a little more if you need to!

Jennaro Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 8

I made the icing last night and i am going to let it sit till this weekend in hopes that it will darken. Thanks for all the advice icon_lol.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 4:35am
post #8 of 8

Hey, just wanted to let you know that (playinwithsugar) is unable to check out the forums right now. Heath is working with her to correct the problem.

She has asked that if you still need an answer to your question she'd like you to email her directly at [email protected] and put Red Royal Icing in the subject line so she will know it is from a CC member.

She thanks you for all your patience while the "bug" is worked out.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%