Found A New Use For The Candle Warmers.

Decorating By dldbrou Updated 20 Dec 2008 , 3:53am by indydebi

dldbrou Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:50am
post #1 of 7

I bought some white mint flavor candies to melt and coat the silicon cupcake containers. I was trying to figure out a way to only melt a small amount of wafers at a time, when I figured out to use the electric candle warmers. I am talking about the warmers that you put a candle in a glass container and it melts the candle instead of lighting the candle. Anyway, I took a pyrex measuring cup and put the wafers in and placed it on the warmer. It worked. I then took a nylon paint brush and painted the inside of the silicon cupcake containers, then placed them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. When they were hard, I just peeled away the silicon and I had a perfect candy dish that you can eat. I kept reusing the molds until I was finished with the wafers.

6 replies
cocakedecorator Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:13am
post #2 of 7

great idea. thanks for the tip.

TrinaH Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:30am
post #3 of 7

GREAT idea!

Crimsicle Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 7

What a great idea! I have two or three new ones that I bought for gifts that I never gave away. Now, if I can just remember where I rat-holed those.....

jenbenjr Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 7

Wow.......what a great idea. I was thinking about using a small crockpot but maybe I will try this the next time I use candymelts. Thanks!

dolcebaci Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

THerefore I can pick up a Walmart $8 dollar small crockpot instead of the Wilton $35 dollar (same size) candy pro melt ?
I am the only person in the world that can't melt candy's unreal...

Off to Walmart in the morning to pick up a crockpot

indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:53am
post #7 of 7

I love stories where non-cake/candy stuff is used for cake/candy uses! Great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%