Filling

Decorating By ds Updated 13 Mar 2007 , 12:13am by ds

ds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ds Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:06am
post #1 of 4

Hello everybody,

I want to put a buttercream filling on a cake, but i don't know which one i can use the best because i don't know the different between these. The italian meringue buttercream, the swiss meringue buttercream and the normal crisco buttercream. Of course i want to use the best teasting buttercream icon_smile.gif

So if anybody please can tell me what the differents is in taste between, buttercream filling (crisco), swiss meringue buttercream and the italian meringue buttercream, then you really help me with this choice.

Do you also need to refrigerate the cake if you are going to use the swiss buttercream or the italian buttercream, because of the eggs, or can you leave the cake for some days on room temperature??

really hope somebody can help me with these questions,
thanks anyway for reading,
dewi

3 replies
Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:21am
post #2 of 4

Here's a bump for you! I have never used some of these types of buttercream. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ds Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 12:13am
post #4 of 4

it was a lot of reading, but i think i am going to try the swiss first to see how it's going to be in our warm weather. If this buttercream is failing i will try the italian buttercream.

thanks a lot for showing me al these sites, i am glad i'm not the only one with the question about the buttercream,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%