Princess Cake

Decorating By rachelet Updated 13 Apr 2005 , 10:18pm by trisha1972

rachelet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelet Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 7

I was just asked to do a princess cake for 60 people + the 6 inch for the 1 yr old.

I was thinking something royal looking, maybe a pillow with the tiara on top? Has anybody done this?

Rachel

6 replies
SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 5:34am
post #2 of 7

Great idea. I've been wanting to try a pillow made out of fondant with a "glass" slipper sitting on top. A crown would be really cute too. I don't know how you'd be able to make one big enough for 60 people though. Wow. That's a lot of fondant.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif i did something for a friends daughter recently...sorry no picture
i baked a large cake 1/2 sheet then i got the idea from the wilton yearbook site....anyway i took my ball pan and followed directions and made a suger mold when it dried out i hollowed out the middle. anyway i made it into a carriage with a little kelly doll inside and decorated the "carriage" then put the wilton horses in front of it. it looked like the princes was in a carriage it was so adorable! if intrested, like i said it was on the wilton yearbook site, under uses for pans or something like that, under the sports ball pan. it would feed sixty people

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 7

I believe melodyscakes is talking about this cake
http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/add_pans/carriage.cfm
It is called the Magical Carriage Ride, wilton has the directions posted on their website.

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 7

I posted a pillow with tiara a couple of months ago. I did another this weekend, but used 11x15 with a 7" oval on top with a tiara, because I didn't want to do any carving.
LL
LL

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 7

Okay, I am in love with the crown on the pillow!!! Did you make the crown too? Directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, SARAH

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 7

The tiara on the pillow is royal piped on wax paper wrapped around a large can. I let it dry then brushed it with gold lustre dust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%