I Have The Greatest Husband Ever!!!!!(Long)

Decorating By pokeyanne Updated 12 Mar 2007 , 3:51am by Sugarbunz

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 18

My 30th birthday was this weekend and my husband surprised me with a surprise party at a really nice resturant. party.gif He invited our ENTIRE family including my sister from Colorado and my best friend from Oregon and some other friends.
After dinner the wait staff comes out carrying a huge cake. My husband ordered a cake from Mike McCarey from Mikes Amazing Cakes. You can see a larger version of the picture in My Photos. It was shaped like a photo album and represented me as a baby around 10 then 20 and now 30. It was just beautiful. Needless to say I was a blubbering baby. icon_cry.gif
On top of all that he bought me a beautiful diamond cirlcle of love necklace. I am just amazed he was able to pull it all off without me finding out. shhh.gif I'm still in shock that he was able to get my sister here from Colorado without me knowing. I just had to share with you all the picture of the cake since so many of us love his work and watch him on the food network cake challenges. Thanks for letting me brag a bit about my wonderful husband.
LL

17 replies
Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 18

That sounded like something you would see in a movie. How romantic! You are a lucky gal!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 18

That's awesome! It must have been a great night for you and your family. How cool! One for the memory books!

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 18

Wow, you are such a lucky lady.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 18

I SO want to see that cake. Go to your original post, click "edit" go to the bottom where it says "add an attachment" click on it and then click where it says "Browse" and it will take you to your own picture files on your computer, click on the cake and then on open in your picture window. It will add it to your post, then click "submit" and the photo will show up in your post.

And by the way, I am excited about all the wonderful things your husband did for your birthday, he is definitely a keeper. It's just that when I saw Mike McCarey cake I REALLY got excited, now I want to see it. It must have been wonderful and over the top.

Ah, there it is and it's lovely. Here is a direct link to the photo.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=pokeyanne&cat=0&pos=0

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 18

Kristine, I am so happy for you and yes you are one lucky lady to have such a man for a husband! He will have a very hard time outdoing himself for your 40th though! icon_wink.gif
So, I have to ask..........was the cake as tasty as it was beautiful? And what kind of cake was it? It is the most beautiful book cake I have ever seen and the pictures on it are priceless!

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:33pm
post #7 of 18

We actually haven't cut into the cake yet. He also bought a regular Costco cake for everyone to eat as a backup.

The cake itself is a white cake with raspberry buttercream on one side and a pineapple buttercream on the other. We'll post something after we cut into it to let everyone know how it tastes.

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 18

that's awesome...and happy late bday...

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 11:45pm
post #9 of 18

Wow that's a great birthday surprise - he obviously understands your love for cake!
And what a great/amazing cake you got! So detailed, it's "amazing" (mind the pun)
You must tell us how it was!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:09am
post #10 of 18

that is awesome. Happy B-day!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:12am
post #11 of 18

You are soooo blessed!

Urooj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Urooj Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:20am
post #12 of 18

Aww! The cake looks awesome! That was so sweet of your husband!!

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:22am
post #13 of 18

Now, that's making me cry! Happy tears! icon_smile.gif That is truly the sweetest thing !! And they really did a great job on that cake. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:29am
post #14 of 18

Wow can you bottle some of that "essence" of your husband? I'd like to sprinkle it on mine.... how cool! Mike's the one that first inspired me into doing cakes - way back on a Reading Rainbow episode! I bet it tastes awesome! Wish I could have a piece! By the way no offense to anyone at Costco, I've never had their cakes.... but there's no way I'd eat that if something from Mike was available! Congrats to you! And Happy B-day by the way!

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:35am
post #15 of 18

Aw!! Happy Birthday! You ARE so lucky!

I worked on my 30th (in Jan) and came home to no dinner, a messy house and whiney clingy kids...Yeah, it was actually one of my worst birthdays ever. Although, we still have our health and no one was injured....

Congratu;ations to you! Send a bottle of your Essence of Hubby my way, too!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:41am
post #16 of 18

Happy Birthday Lucky Lady. Your husband is a true Gem!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:38am
post #17 of 18

WOW! icon_surprised.gif Your DH is a keeper! It's nice when people actually put some thought into a gift isn't it? I wonder what you'll get when you turn 40. Maybe you could have your DH call my DH, I got a pack of DEPENDS for my 30th(yes he is still alive icon_rolleyes.gif )

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:51am
post #18 of 18

Seriously, can you loan him out? I won't keep him, I just want to know what it's like to have a husband that is that loving for one day. Purty please????

What a wonderful, thoughtful way to celebrate your birthday. That cake is amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%