Seattle Themed Cake Ideas??

Decorating By Cake_Geek Updated 7 Feb 2006 , 5:22pm by Cake_Geek

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 5

A coworker asked me to make a small cake for his wife for no particular occasion with the theme of Seattle because that is where they met, got engaged (while mountain biking), lived for a while. He came up with the suggestion of rain since it does rain there a lot and the fish market at Pike's Place (they throw around HUGE salmon and other fish; very entertaining). I'm having a hard time thinking of a good idea b/c it is just a small cake. If it was larger I could probably create a little fish market but I'm thinking this is going to be small like 6" or 8" round. My only thought so far was to make a guy and girl out of fondant and have them holding an umbrella in a hug and put puddles around them of piping gel.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dia

4 replies
talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 5

you can also add a small mountain and a direction sign saying mt.rainier and another direction sign that says pike's place. both those signs can be cupid's hearts (too cheesy?? icon_wink.gif)

sweetsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsugar Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 5

I like the idea, however I would add the space needle and a sign that says, "Welcome to Seattle".

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 5

ooh.. i forgot the space needle duh!

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 5

That's a great idea! Like a multi-directional sign pointing one way to each pike's place, mt rainier, and space needle.

Thanks!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%