Lemon Cake Recipe Please!!

Baking By patton78 Updated 17 May 2007 , 6:02pm by chubbycheeks

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 18

Does anyone have a lemon cake recipe they would share with me? I have made a few lately but have not found one that is really great. I am looking for one that uses a cake mix, thanks!

17 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 18

I have one that I LOVE!!! It's extremely moist and I use a bundt pan so I don't know if this will work for what you are wanting todo.

1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup Apricot nectar
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar

mix all together and bake at 325 for 1 hour.

Glaze: start w/1 cup powder sugar w/juice of one lemon. drizzle glaze.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 18

This is really sad, but I brought a lemon cake to a gathering as a last minute thing - I just happend to have a plain ol' mix, made it and put raspberry filling in it. Not to gain sales or anything, just 'cause I wanted to get rid of the mix LOL! - I didn't even doctor the mix!

I got THREE orders from that day, from people saying it was the best cake they ever had!! Go figure! icon_confused.gif

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 18

Anyone else have any ideas?

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 18

try this one:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2383-19-Margies-Lemon-Cake-Recipe.html

i haven't made the lemon cake, but i've made the chocolate version (same additions, but chocolate) and everyone loved it.

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 18

Love this simple one and I get rave reviews on it, lots of requests. VERY lemony.

1 box lemon cake mix (mix according to pkg directions)
1 4 oz box lemon pudding
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract (or a few drops of Loran lemon)

Thats it. Yum....

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:21pm
post #7 of 18

1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
1 Box Lemon Instant Pudding
1 Container Lemon Yogurt
4 Eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 1/3 cup water

Yuuuumz!

-M-

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

This is really sad, but I brought a lemon cake to a gathering as a last minute thing - I just happend to have a plain ol' mix, made it and put raspberry filling in it. Not to gain sales or anything, just 'cause I wanted to get rid of the mix LOL! - I didn't even doctor the mix!

I got THREE orders from that day, from people saying it was the best cake they ever had!! Go figure! icon_confused.gif

what did you use for the raspberry filling?

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:30pm
post #9 of 18

Those all sound good to me!!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 18

I just used the Raspberry sleeve filling that I bought from Sugar Craft (I have not had problems with them - but only ordered twice) It is yummy and does not have to be in the fridge!

This was a very easy "cop-out" cake icon_wink.gif

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 8:08pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakelly

try this one:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2383-19-Margies-Lemon-Cake-Recipe.html

i haven't made the lemon cake, but i've made the chocolate version (same additions, but chocolate) and everyone loved it.

I was just going to post this, too! Haven't done the lemon yet (but will, soon, since I found both types of pudding now!), but the chocolate recipe using white cake and white chocolate pudding... thumbs_up.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:29pm
post #12 of 18

Better Than Scratch Lemon Cake

Note: This is my personal recipe that I developed. Please credit me if sharing with others. Thanks! Promise Whitley icon_smile.gif

1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
1 box (4 serving size) regular (not sugar free) instant lemon pudding mix
Number of eggs called for on cake box + 1
Double the amount of oil called for on cake box
1 cup Lemonade instead of the water

Beat the eggs to mix together the whites and yolks
Slowly beat in the oil
Mix in the pudding mix
Add 1/2 of the cake mix and 1/2 of the lemonade, mix until combined
Add rest of cake mix and rest of lemonade, mix until combined
Beat on high for 3 minutes

Bake at 350 degrees, may take 45 to 50 minutes to bake, depending on size of pan, start checking for doneness at 30 minutes.

The above amounts will make 1 quarter sheet or 1 two or three layer 8" or 9" round cake.

I usually fill will Dickinson's seedless raspberry jam and Dickinson's lemon curd and ice with lemon buttercream. I make my icing dam and then spread a thin layer of the raspberry jam on the cake inside the dam using a small off-set spatula. Then I put a layer of about 1/3 of an inch of curd ontop of the jam. Then top with the next layer of cake. I do three layers of cake and 2 of the filling. This always gets rave reviews.

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:35pm
post #13 of 18

This lemon cake recipe I found is THE BOMB! Sooo delicious and ultra-moist too YUMMMMMMM icon_biggrin.gif
Lemon Buttermilk Cake (doesnt have that fake lemon flavor that lemon cake mix has; very moist; I use a thin layer of lemon curd filling)

·  1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
·  1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
·  1 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
·  1/2 cup vegetable oil
·  1/2 cup buttermilk
·  4 large eggs (use whites for a paler cake; looks nicer too)
·  2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
·  1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
Place the cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed for 1 minute. The batter should look thick. Bake at 350 for 45 mins or so, test with toothpick for doneness.

Sally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sally Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:42pm
post #14 of 18

I really like this one!
You can use this one with the drizzle or ice with your favorite icing!

Lemon Drizzle Cake

Ingredients
1 box of Duncan Heinz Lemon Supreme cake mix
1/3 cup cooking oil
3 eggs
1 package of lemon jello (stir into 1 cup boiling water and allow to cool a little before adding to egg, cake mix and oil mixture.)

Mix together and bake according to directions on the cake box.
Use a 9 x13"glass dish.
While cake is baking mix the drizzle.
2 cups of powdered sugar (may need a little more but need enough to cover top of cake)
3-4 tablespoons of real lemon or lemon juice use enough to get it to a
runny stage.
After cake is done. Poke holes about every inch or so all over the cake making sure they go to the bottom of the pan.
Pour drizzle over warm cake. Use a rubber spatula to make sure it is evenly distributed over the entire cake. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the warmth to soak the drizzle throughout the cake.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:42pm
post #15 of 18

i am the kind of person who doesnt like the bright colors of a flavored mix, so here is one that i tweeked a bit and it is pretty darn good, especially with raspberry puree (so easy). i also have a scratch recipe if you want it, please pm me,

1white bc cake mix w/ pudding in it
1 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 8oz pack of cream cheese
1/2 c lemonade or water
1/3 c oil
2 tb fresh lemon zest
1-2 tsp lemon extract or lemon juice
4 eggs,
1/3 tsp salt
bake at 325- more dense than a mix, but not as heavy as a scratch cake. this originated from the durable 3-d / wedding cake extender, but i needed a lemon cream cheese cake so i added cream cheese instead of sour cream, and lessened the sugar. it has an off white lemony color and is great with specks of zest throughout.

the raspberry is just a frozen bag of berries, thawed, pureed and pushed through a sieve to remove the seeds, then cooked to a simmer w/ a 1/4 c sugar, and 3 tb cornstarch disolved in 1 tb COLD lemon juice and 2 tb cold water, then stirred into the berries. cool, and it thickens in the fridge over a few hours. very stable filling. GREAT combination with the whipped cream-cream cheese frosting listed in the recipe section here.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:04am
post #16 of 18

the scratch recipe for sunshine lemon cake on the back of mccormick lemon extract is very good too.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:30pm
post #17 of 18

Disco, have you (or anyone else) tried this recipe using orange instead of lemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoLady

This lemon cake recipe I found is THE BOMB! Sooo delicious and ultra-moist too YUMMMMMMM icon_biggrin.gif
Lemon Buttermilk Cake (doesnt have that fake lemon flavor that lemon cake mix has; very moist; I use a thin layer of lemon curd filling)

·  1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
·  1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
·  1 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
·  1/2 cup vegetable oil
·  1/2 cup buttermilk
·  4 large eggs (use whites for a paler cake; looks nicer too)
·  2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
·  1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
Place the cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed for 1 minute. The batter should look thick. Bake at 350 for 45 mins or so, test with toothpick for doneness.

chubbycheeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubbycheeks Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:02pm
post #18 of 18

This Lemon Cake recipe by Ina Garten is absolutely FANTASTIC. I've got nothing but rave reviews on it. Definitey has to be for a lemon lover, as it is very lemony!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%