Finally Got It Done.

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 8 Apr 2005 , 8:26pm by zoozieqv

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 4:51am
post #1 of 13

Hi, everyone. I got the cake done. I hated it because I didn't have everything I needed to do it . icon_sad.gif But thte client loved it! icon_biggrin.gif Even the mother cried! But you know how we get, our own worst critics. So go ahead and let me have it. But the MMF was fabulous!! It cut wonderfully. I love this stuff. I thank everyone who gave me support and advice. Wish me a better time on the next one. And hopefully not in a rush like this one.
Happy Baking!!
~Tanya

12 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 5:38am
post #2 of 13

Your cake looks great, don't know what you could not like about it. Not having what you needed to do the cake (or anything else for that matter) can be extremely frustrating, but obviously you managed very well! Great work, and you know you will just get better and better! Janice

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 6:08am
post #3 of 13

Tanya your cake turned out wonderful!!! Very proud of you girl!!

tanyascakes Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 6:15am
post #4 of 13

Thanks for all the compliments, TC and Veejaytx. I am always criticizing my own work. I have a lot of issues on perfection. But I appreciate all of the feedback. It wasn't that bad, I guess. And I did get great compliments on it last night. So I am happy for that. But next time, I will have all the things I need available way ahead of time. And pray that I don't get another rush order. I know that if I didn't have this site, I would have likely lost my mind already icon_wink.gif . Thanks again you guys!
Tanya

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 6:16am
post #5 of 13

That is something to be proud of. I like the cake becaurse it looked great. I know the feeling of missing things. It makes a second of panic, but very often I get more creative that way. Have to find other solution. You manage well.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 6:48am
post #6 of 13

we are always our worst critics Tanya! It looked great. which recipe for mmf did you use? I tried it once and it didnt work....

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 12:56pm
post #7 of 13

Your cake does look great! You made someone's birthday extra special.

tanyascakes Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks, you guys! You all are the best support that anyone could ask for. Flayv-I used bunnywoman's MMF recipe. It worked great! It was so easy to do. I think that I am going to become a fanatic about it. But I always criticize my cakes. With the more feedback I get from you all, I think that I will become much more confident. Thank you again.
Happy Baking!!
~Tanya

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyascakes

Hi, everyone. I got the cake done. I hated it because I didn't have everything I needed to do it . icon_sad.gif But thte client loved it! icon_biggrin.gif Even the mother cried! But you know how we get, our own worst critics. So go ahead and let me have it. But the MMF was fabulous!! It cut wonderfully. I love this stuff. I thank everyone who gave me support and advice. Wish me a better time on the next one. And hopefully not in a rush like this one.
Happy Baking!!
~Tanya

GREAT JOB TANYA! LOOKS AWESOME!! CAN YOU E-MAIL ME THE MMF AT [email protected]?
THANKS!
ALSO, DO YOU DO THE PAPERTOWEL THINGY.. RIGHT AFTER U PUT ON ICING OR AFTER IT CRUSTS? LOOKS GREAT!!

UTE

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 4:47pm
post #10 of 13

Just saw your cake, it looks terrific!!! You did a wonderful job, don't be so hard on yourself!

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 6:23pm
post #11 of 13

Your cake turned out wonderful! I bet the birthday girl was thrilled!

thumbs_up.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 8:07pm
post #12 of 13

Wonderful!!! And so vibrant!!!!

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 8:26pm
post #13 of 13

I went and checked it out!!! Superb job!!! Yeah!!! I love it when a plan comes together!! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%