Dora The Explorer

Decorating By crisseyann Updated 10 Mar 2007 , 8:42pm by mqguffey

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing a FBCT of Dora this weekend and need to know what color to use for Dora's skin tone. TIA!

9 replies
TXspirit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TXspirit Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 10

Wilton sells the dora colors in a package.

the bottle says Dora the explorer (skintone)

crisseyann Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks for responding. I MAY have to resort to using the Wilton set. I DO have tons of the Americolor gels and was hoping someone may know, using these, what colors to use for Dora. Thanks again, TXspirit!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 10

I'm interested to see the response to this also. I am making a Dora cake for DD's 3rd birthday next month and I have a bunch of Americolor's also, I would hate to have to buy the special kit. Can you use the copper(fleshtone) color for Dora?

kayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayscake Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 10

I've made Dora a couple of times, I believe I used copper and may have added a little yellow. When I'm not sure I alway make a tiny test batch trying different colors until i get what i want

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 10

I think you would be fine if you used some copper coloring, then just decided on how dark/light her skin tone should be ... I had the wilton set for that character cake pan and when I ran out thats what I used ...

crisseyann Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you everyone for your help. Copper sounds like the way to go, with a few tweaks, maybe. icon_smile.gif

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:24pm
post #8 of 10

Definitely don't bother buying the Wilton set of Dora colours. I bought it for a Dora cake I did last year and the skin tone was horrible - much too orange! I had to add some brown (I think it was brown, it was a while ago!!) to it to make it work.

Kelly

kellycakes4949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycakes4949 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 10

I used copper when I did a FBCT of Dora and it turned out fine.

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 10

Do you have ivory?? Maybe that with a touch of brown? Just don't go too dark cause she has all that dark hair around her face. Plus the icing with darken overnight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%