Cut Out Cookie Recipe Made With Condensed Milk?

Baking By tastebuddie Updated 4 Feb 2006 , 3:43pm by southernbelle

tastebuddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastebuddie Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:04am
post #1 of 6

Hello everybody! I'm new to Cake Central. I've been reading the wealth of information here and thought I would get involved.

Does anyone have a recipe for cut out cookies made with sweetened condensed milk? I'm experimenting because of the high altitude that I live in.

Thanks so much!

5 replies
southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:50am
post #2 of 6

I have that, make it all the time and love it. I use it for my cookie bouquets. Here it is:

3 1/2 cups unsifted flour
2 teas baking powder
1/4teas salt
1 14 oz can of sweetned condensed milk
3/4 cup (1/12 sticks) butter softned
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons of almond extract

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low speed, beat sweetned condensed milk, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until mixed. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. (if using portable mixer, use wooden spoon to add the last of the flour)

Divide dough into thirds. Wrap and chill dough about 2 hours or until easy to handle.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough, one portion at a time, to 1/8-inch thick, cut with floured cookie cutter.
Reroll as necessary to use all dough. place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Store loosely covered at room temp. decorate as desired.

tastebuddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastebuddie Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 4:33am
post #3 of 6

Southernbelle, thanks so much for your recipe, I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Your cookies and cakes are great!

I'm going to really enjoy learning from all of you on CC. Hope I can be of help to you sometime.

southernbelle Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 5:36am
post #4 of 6

No problem, everyone here is great and we all help each other out. Welcome aboard and good luck with your cookies. icon_biggrin.gif

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 6

Southernbelle, it's sounds good! Is that the recipe you used for the valentine cookie bouquet picture you posted? They look great!

southernbelle Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 6

Yes it is. I like the taste of these cookies better and they are a little softer than the no-fail cookies. Although, I have made the no-fail cookies and like them as well. Just a preference icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%