What Can I Add To Bc To Make A Good Filling

Baking By mami2sweeties Updated 10 Feb 2006 , 8:36pm by hn87519

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a quick filling for a french vanilla DH cake. I thought about adding crushed oreos or chocolate cookies to BC but I don't know the proportions. Any ideas? I have read about adding jams to buttercream to flavor it.

5 replies
ngerland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngerland Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 6

I've ground up oreo cookies before and then added just enough chocolate syrup to make it all stick together/mooshy and put that as a filling. Very rich and yummy!

Natalie

niki97062 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki97062 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know if this would work with French vanilla, but I've spread on Nutella and buttercream and DF liked it.

I've also used that cookies and cream filling in the Whimsical Bakehouse and he loved it. I think his favorite was the one in that book with the Nutella/Cream mixture. I think I've got recipes here at work, so PM me if you'd like them.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 6

I add about 15 Oreos to BC for a filling. I think it's mainly personal preference.

I have added strawberry preserves to a whipped cream filling, and just added until it looked right, then tasted it for flavor. Good luck!

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

One of my favorite fillings is 1 part lemon curd to one part buttercream. It is excellent. You could substitiute any kind of curd--gives it a bit of tang mederated by the buttercream. With the Vanilla cake--the sky is the limit. Adding any fruit preserve plain or with buttercream is good. You can also add a bit of fruit puree to the buttercream for filling.
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

hn87519 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hn87519 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 6

I adore ganache.

Also anything with fresh fruit is great, although not always practical. The same with mousse.

Curds are always wonderful.

I've also made the oreo filling and that was a lot of fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%