Baking Cookies On Two Levels In Oven

Baking By SScakes Updated 3 Feb 2006 , 11:05am by vitade

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:51am
post #1 of 6

Hi

I have an oven which has a turmofan function as well. I would like to bake cookies 2 trays at a time and was wondering if any of you have dones this before.
Do you then use the turmofan function and then rotate the cookies halfway through the baking time?
Do you even have to rotate if you are using a turmofan.
Does the cooking time need to also be increased?

Regards
S

5 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 6

Is that like a convection oven?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 6

i have a convection oven and i bake on three racks at the same time. Sometimes i rotate, sometimes i don't.

When i had a standard oven with two racks, i baked on both at the sametime, but i would have to rotate top to bottom cause the top rack would get to brown on the top and the bottom rack would cook to brown on the bottom of the cookies.

I really don't know what a turmofan is, but its sounds like it might be similar to our convection fans. Also, when i bake with the convection i bake with the fan on low.

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 6

no ideas about turmofans, but I bake on two racks at the same time, whenever I'm smart enoguh to remember to do it. Just a few extra moments in the Oven, and all's fine.

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:02am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the help.....I'm going to try some tonight and see how they turn out. icon_smile.gif

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 11:05am
post #6 of 6

I have a convection oven and I can bake on three racks at the same time. I don't rotate them. They all cook the same. Most importantly thought, the cookies should be approx. the same size. I make sure the oven have preheated for ATLEAST 1/2 an hour and start checking them at the least amount of baking time required and then check every few minutes until Im satisfied their done. I don't like my cookies browned at all.

Good luck, let's us know what your results are.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%