Help!!! (Baby Shower Cake)

Decorating By xcandyxkissx Updated 3 Feb 2006 , 6:55am by tastycakes

xcandyxkissx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xcandyxkissx Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 8:12am
post #1 of 8

I've been a member here for awhile, but this is my first time posting. So, HI!

My aunt and I are throwing my cousin a baby shower. I've been put in charge of the cake. My aunt wants a 2-3 tiered cake, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

First off, I've never used fondant and not very many people like it.

Second, the only icing that I really trust is Whip'N Top.

What kind of things can I do with a 2-3 tiered cake?

7 replies
mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 9:12am
post #2 of 8

I like the tiered baby shower cake featured in the newest Wilton Yearbook (2006). I'm not sure what page it's on, but it has cute little buttons as the border and a clothesline with baby items hanging to decorate the sides. You could definitely make it into a 3 tier cake. And an added bonus, the fondant decorations can be made ahead. icon_smile.gif

Here's some! The first cake is really unique!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=baby+button

Post a pic when you're done icon_smile.gif

HTH!
Mirjana

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 8

I'd do a search in the gallery--it's filled with wonderful cakes to inspire you! Also you can check the Wilton website under their recipe and project section.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 8

I've done a couple of baby shower cakes where the top tier is a bassinet, using the smallest oval pan and part of half of a 3D egg pan. Both times, the Moms-to-be have saved the top tier for celebration when the baby is born. Look in my pics if you want to see what I mean.
And welcome to CC, I know you've been here a while, I'm glad you finally spoke up! icon_smile.gif

pinkflamingo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflamingo Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 1:27am
post #5 of 8

Reply I did a rendition of the Wilton tier cake for a baby shower and it was a huge hit. In fact, because of the first one I have 2 more people asking for it for upcoming showers. Take a look in my photos (I don't know how to post it here). I think it's titled "clothesline cake" even though it features buttons and diaper pins in addition to the clothesline. The best part is that it is iced in buttercream (or your favorite icing) and has simple fondant decorations added.

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 1:36am
post #6 of 8

I have also done the Wilton cake it is always a huge hit and being able to do the cut outs ahead of time is fantastic. I have done a couple of cup cake baby showers and used those same cut outs as the decorations using plain white frosting on the cupcake and then either blue or pink baby clothes cut outs. Very simple but very elegant.

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:47am
post #7 of 8

Here is a picture of a 3 tiered baby shower cake. hope this helps.
LL

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:55am
post #8 of 8

I've also done the Wilton clothesline cake and it would be so simple to add a third tier! There are so many beautiful photo's in the galleries here, you'll find something. If you are going with a matching invites, decor, etc, you could always work that into your design....really pulls things together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%