Please If Anyone Can Help. Star Wars Cookies?

Baking By dchuff97 Updated 9 Feb 2006 , 1:34pm by kyjettachick

dchuff97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchuff97 Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 6:07am
post #1 of 9

Hi I have been decorating cakes for about 5 years. I love it, but I am just now getting into other things. I want to make some cookies for my sons birthday party on the 12th of Feb. It is a star wars party and was wondering if anyone has some ideas for star wars cookies. He loves darth vader so I would love to do that. I was thinking of using a bell cutter and do it that way, but when I was looking at the bell cutters the bottom of the bell did not look like it would look right for vader. Please any help or advice? This will be my first decorated cookies I have made so any help on how to do it would be great to. Thanks Carrie

8 replies
cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 6:18am
post #2 of 9

The only thing I can think of is a bell cookie cutter upside down decorate as darth vader. Hope this helps.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 9

Do a search on "star wars" in the galleries, and there are some cookies there that might help. Use the Force! icon_lol.gif

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 9

you can always trim the cookies by hand after you use the cutter if it's a small modification...

dchuff97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchuff97 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 12:41am
post #5 of 9

Thanks everyone who had advice about the star wars cookies I will let everyone know how it went and post a pic. Thanks

pastelitos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastelitos Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 9

for my nephews bday i found this starwars pkg. at target with school supplies eraser, pencil and a holder of some kind (like for paperclips?) it had a top and a bottom that bottom is what i used as a cookie cutter then i used black buttercream to decorate them.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 9

Have you thought about star wars chocolates?

Go to ebay and search for "star wars chocolate molds"
there are several listings there.

You could ice a sugar cookie with buttercream and top it
with a star wars molded chocolate.

Just a thought. icon_biggrin.gif

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 9

Here is a picture of a Darth Vader cookie that I made for my son. I reshaped a bell cookie cutter for the helmet shape. I had some extra dough from a cookie order so I made this for my son. It isn't really all that good but I thought it might help you get an idea of what you can do with a bell cookie cutter.

Hope that helps!
LL

kyjettachick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyjettachick Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 1:34pm
post #9 of 9

Here's the pic I did of a cookie for my cousin's birthday. (it got a little smooshed) I shaped mine by hand, but the bell cookie cutter would have been so much easier. All you'll need to do is modify the clapper portion of the bell to be more pointed. Hope this helps.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%