Potato Soup

Baking By KayDay Updated 30 Jan 2006 , 10:12pm by KayDay

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 8

I was wondering if anyone has a really great recipe for potato or baked potato soup? The variety somewhat like O'Charley's? I love that stuff! I have looked up many recipes including Emeril's and most of them call for chicken broth which somehow doesnt seem like it would have the taste I am looking for...although it could be as sometimes something blends to where you dont really taste it...like buttermilk in cakes... I trust that Emerils will be good...but would like to try something that I know some of you have tried and love. Something nice and cheesy and with green onions and bacon...mmmmmm... Thanks in advance!

7 replies
KayDay Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 8

Let me try again..lol

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 8

Moderator Edited: Moved to correct forum!

KayDay Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 8

didnt know if this shoulda been in recipes since it wasnt cake related

ayost43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayost43 Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 8

what if you tried something at allrecipes.com This one has 644 ratings and it has 5 stars http://soup.allrecipes.com/az/BakedPotatoSoup.asp There are tons more too icon_lol.gif

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 8

I make my potato soup in the crock pot from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook. I do use chicken broth, and in the last 20 mins add a little dried mashed pot. flakes to give it some thickness. at end garnish with bacon, cheese,a nd gr. onions.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 8

I sent you a PM-have the recipe for O'Charlies Potato soup.

KayDay Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 10:12pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks! I cannot get the one to come up ..tho... icon_sad.gif I appreciate the help guys I am craving this stuff..lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%