tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 9:38pm
post #1 of

I HOPE YA'LL CAN HELP!!!!

MY SISTER IS IN ENGLAND... SHE JUST IM ME.... SHE IS MAKING A TEA POT OUT OF MMF. SHE WAS ASKING ME HOW TO STICK THE SPOUT & HANDLE ON...................... I TOLD HER ICING............ AM I RIGHT? OR DO YOU USE SOMETHING ELSE???????

ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE A LIFE SAVOR!!!!! IT'S ALREADY LATE IN ENGLAND SO SHE'S RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!! ~TC~

18 replies
Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 9:59pm
post #2 of

I don't know if icing will hold it. I've never made a teapot but I did make a turtle. I molded the head and tail around dowels and after the fondant set up , I pushed these into the cake. Icing wouldn't have held them. I guess it just depends on the icing and how heavy the spout and handle are. I'd be more comfortable reinforcing them with dowels or toothpicks or something like that.

Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 10:01pm
post #3 of

You know I'm picturing a teapot cake. Is the teapot a little one made entirely of MMF? If so, wetting it a little with water will get it to stick. MrsMissey also mentioned that she makes a fondant slurry (fondant and water mix) to glue pieces together.

tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 10:11pm
post #4 of

THANK YOU I JUST EMAILED THAT TO MY SIS!!!!!!!!

Ladycake Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:00pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

I HOPE YA'LL CAN HELP!!!!

MY SISTER IS IN ENGLAND... SHE JUST IM ME.... SHE IS MAKING A TEA POT OUT OF MMF. SHE WAS ASKING ME HOW TO STICK THE SPOUT & HANDLE ON...................... I TOLD HER ICING............ AM I RIGHT? OR DO YOU USE SOMETHING ELSE???????

ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE A LIFE SAVOR!!!!! IT'S ALREADY LATE IN ENGLAND SO SHE'S RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!! ~TC~

Tell her to mold it on to a toothpick or one of the long kabob picks and use that to stick in to the cake..

tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:03pm
post #6 of

She used straws.. I hope it will hold! Thanks Victoria~

MrsMissey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:03pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

MrsMissey also mentioned that she makes a fondant slurry (fondant and water mix) to glue pieces together.

You crack me up!!

Ladycake Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:08pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

She used straws.. I hope it will hold! Thanks Victoria~

You will have to let us know how that works out.... Interesting...

tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:16pm
post #9 of

My sis is a member of CC too. She said she'll post it as soon as she gets finished. She showed me the pic of the first try to do the spout & handle. It looked pretty good to me. She just needed to shape the spout a little more. Ya'll look for it. Her screen name is tcrema. I'm sure she'll thank ya'll when she gets the chance to!
~TC~

Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:30pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

MrsMissey also mentioned that she makes a fondant slurry (fondant and water mix) to glue pieces together.

You crack me up!!

Crack me up good or crack me up bad? Did I say something wrong?

MrsMissey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:40pm

Good, good, good!!!! I've never heard the word slurry before and it just made me giggle!

Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:43pm

Oh good...what did you call it?

MrsMissey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:44pm

Not sure, but I think "soupy"!

Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:51pm

Where I come from in RI, soupy is a homemade Italian sausage that's hung in a closet until dried. I must have translated it in my mind to slurry so I wouldn't get confused-LOL! Either way, it's a great tip that I'll always remember.

MrsMissey Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:00am

..this just keeps getting funnier!! LOL!

tcrema Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:36am

Ok You guys!!! My Sis TC the turtle posted this for me cause I was having a TOTAL Emergency and needed the 911 MMF Doc ASAP...WELL, I am about to post my cake. Please be honest and tell me what you think. Just know I haven't worked with fondant in like 2 years and totally forgot what I was doing!!! So get your hankies ready to wipe the tears of laughter off your faces. I couldn't remold my spout and it looked like a little Limp UMHMM if you know what I mean. Went to re-shape it and the "tip" fell off so I just put some little flowers and vines on top. HOPE YOU ENJOY it and THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:25am

Oh tcrema...you and TC are just the sweetest! I loved reading your pic descriptions and your post. Yes...I laughed but only at what you wrote. Your teapot looks like it took a lot of hard work. It's something I have yet to try. Even if the tip did fall off and the spout went limp, I still think it looks good. The flowers are also very pretty. So hold your head up high and be proud of it! I bet it will taste really good too! MMF is so yummy!

tcrema Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:32am

Thank you Lisa! I'm glad I could make you laugh! It really was hard work expecially since I have to wait until late at night after the kids are in bed to start decorating. So usually by the time I start decorating I'm so dingy that I either laugh or cry at my work...this one was a little crying till my sis helped me out and then it was just laughter! I had a little problem with the flowers because I made the frosting to thin but it all worked out in the end...Lets just hope it holds out until noon England Time so my husbands commander's wife can have a birthday cake. It is supposed to be a suprise for her, I just hope everything stays attached and doesn't fall apart or it will be a disaster suprise! ok it's 232am for me so I need to get to bed!
Thanks for the support!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:58am

Ok.. I finally made her go to bed!!!! She is so wired!!! She even cleaned the kitchen & diningrm up before doing to bed!! She did do a good job! I have to try it next. I told her if she charged less then $20 to not tell me because her big sis is gonna kick her butt!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for all the help everyone!!
~TC & TCREMA~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%