Confectioners Sugar Containing Beet?

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 7 Apr 2005 , 12:30pm by Cakeasyoulikeit

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 11

Ok, now,,, is it true that confectioners sugar containing no beet is better than those containing beet?
WHAT THE HECK IS BEET??? icon_redface.gif

10 replies
chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 11

Hmm...I've never heard of beet either, so don't be icon_redface.gif !!!

icon_smile.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 11

There is two kinds of sugars- 1)sugar from sugar cane and 2)sugar from sugar beets.
Some people notice a difference between the two sugars when using them, and something don't notice a difference at all.

momof3jotynjake Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

There is two kinds of sugars- 1)sugar from sugar cane and 2)sugar from sugar beets.
Some people notice a difference between the two sugars when using them, and something don't notice a difference at all.

OH, OK. .WELL THEY HAVE THE 2 LBS BAG OF CONF. SUGAR AT WALMART FOR 1.00!!! BUT, INSTEAD I BOUGHT C&H AT RALPHS... 1.99 A BAG...

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 11

I never read the ingredients of powder sugar! It's been around all my life & before so I just grab a bag & go! LOL~

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 9:26pm
post #6 of 11

We were told in our cake class to be sure to get the cane sugar, which is all I've ever seen anyway, but she never specified why.

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:52am
post #7 of 11

Was everyone aware that powdered sugar is sugar and cornstarch? I found that interesting when I read the bag.

Just a note, although I am pretty sure everyone who posted in this particular forum has run and read the ingredients on their bag of powdered sugar, c'mon now, admit it!

I have found though, that I don't like the taste of Walmart powdered sugar, so I also splurge, but I go to Sam's Club and get the 7lb bag for $3.50.

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Mixee

momof3jotynjake Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 2:20am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaleena

Was everyone aware that powdered sugar is sugar and cornstarch? I found that interesting when I read the bag.

Just a note, although I am pretty sure everyone who posted in this particular forum has run and read the ingredients on their bag of powdered sugar, c'mon now, admit it!

I have found though, that I don't like the taste of Walmart powdered sugar, so I also splurge, but I go to Sam's Club and get the 7lb bag for $3.50.

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Mixee

ok now!! i have looked and looked at sams for this!! where the heck is it!!!!!!!!!!

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 11:31am
post #9 of 11

It's in the baking aisle, right next to the granulated sugar...I think it is also the spice aisle (as long as all Sam's are set up the same). There is only one kind, and one size. 7lb.

icon_biggrin.gif Mixee.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:02pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaleena

It's in the baking aisle, right next to the granulated sugar...I think it is also the spice aisle (as long as all Sam's are set up the same). There is only one kind, and one size. 7lb.

icon_biggrin.gif Mixee.

And there are 2 baker guys on the front of the bag; I've used it before, it works great and is probably your best buy for your dollar.

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:30pm
post #11 of 11

Our Sam's doesn't sell it. They only sell a 4 lb bag of Dominos for $2....which is basically the same price as Wal-mart, or the grocery store on sale. My teacher recommended not using the larger bags because you can wind up with uneven ratios of sugar and cornstarch, but I've never noticed a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%