Looking For Deals...

Decorating By The_Parsons_Wife Updated 25 Feb 2007 , 3:01am by Momof4luvscakes

The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 2 Sep 2004 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 10

Where is the least expensive place that I can purhase cake boxes, cookie trays and other consumable-non edible supplies that go along with cake decorating? I am sure that together we can share our favorites and help each other out. Thanks in advance! Shawn <><

I love clearbags.com for resealable-tape topped bags of all sizes. The prices are great too.

9 replies
tika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tika Posted 2 Sep 2004 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 10

Is this online or off line. And what part of the country are you from? I would try Michaels or AC moore. For bulk I would try a company that I use locally It's called Hercules paper at www.hercules.com. Maybe a party supply store.

ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 3 Sep 2004 , 3:25am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tika

Is this online or off line. And what part of the country are you from? I would try Michaels or AC moore.

Michaels is too expensive. In Canada, the cost of a large box was $5. It wasn't large enough to fit the cakeboard for a 9 X13.

tika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tika Posted 3 Sep 2004 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 10

The Michael's here just started selling boxes a short while ago, because the instructor of my wilton class suggested they look into getting boxes for students needing something to carry cakes in. last I checked the largest box there was about $1.87us. you could also try fantes online store. They sell all types of boxes and cake and kitchen supplies. When I need a half sheet boxes I normally go there because they have the display boxes. address is www.fantes.com.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 4 Sep 2004 , 2:58am
post #5 of 10

I get all my boxes from United Grocer's "Cash & Carry"
I am in the Pacific Northwest, but they are a national chain.

You have to buy the cake boxes in bulk, but it will save you a TON of money.

I only make cakes as a hobby, but I go through them like crazy!

100 ct. 10x10x5 cake box (pink or white) is around $37 US
thats only $0.37 a box! thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Sep 2004 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 10

I have been looking for good places to buy in bulk also and have founda local hardware store (of all places) that gives a good deal on boxes. However I am still having a hard time finding places that sell Full Sheet boards and boxes. Does anyone have any place that they get this size at? Appreciate your time.

Leily

The_Parsons_Wife Posted 5 Sep 2004 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 10

Wanted to share...I just returned home from Sam's Club, and at the bakery they sold me 50ct half sheet boxes and window lids for $17.03, total $34.06- do ya think that is a good deal? 68 cents per half sheet box? I was excited.

Oh, Micheals has a 50% off coupon for today and Monday, and Tues on a 40% off coupon...I am really cookie crazy now so I purchased the 101 coolie cutter set, but I have another coupon burning to spen, any ideas? I have almos all of the little things, wondering about cake stands, fountains and such. What are you purchasing with your coupons?

Looking for deals! Shawn <><

The_Parsons_Wife Posted 5 Sep 2004 , 7:35pm
post #8 of 10

Wanted to share...I just returned home from Sam's Club, and at the bakery they sold me 50ct half sheet boxes and window lids for $17.03, total $34.06- do ya think that is a good deal? 68 cents per half sheet box? I was excited.

Oh, Micheals has a 50% off coupon for today and Monday, and Tues on a 40% off coupon...I am really cookie crazy now so I purchased the 101 coolie cutter set, but I have another coupon burning to spend, any ideas? I have almos all of the little things, wondering about cake stands, fountains and such. What are you purchasing with your coupons?

Looking for deals! Shawn <><

stev0r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stev0r Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 2:54am
post #9 of 10

Everything that Sam's Club uses to make and display cakes is for sale. Just inquire at your local club for a list of items available for purchase.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 3:01am
post #10 of 10

I am lucky enought o have a paper supply store by me and they have all cake circles and boxes. I use a lot so I buy them by the case. They just started carrying Satin Ice so I am thrilled!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%