Help With Altering A Recipe To Use For Cut-Outs...

Baking By JennT Updated 28 Jan 2006 , 6:11am by SquirrellyCakes

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 5:21am
post #1 of 4

I have a recipe for some really great Cheesecake Cookies that I would love to alter so that it can be used for cut-out cookies. The dough, as it is, is pretty soft...but I'm not sure what to do to the recipe to make it firm enough to use with cookie cutters without changing the taste. So, here's the recipe & I'm hoping someone more experienced can give me some advice. TIA! icon_smile.gif

Cheesecake Cookies

1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Gradually beat in the sugar at medium speed until light & fluffy. Beat in the egg & salt. Whisk together the baking powder and flour in a small bowl and, mixing by hand or at a low speed, add to the cream cheese mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until the bottom edges just barely turn brown.

Yield: 3 dozen

3 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:03am
post #2 of 4

Hi kiddo,
Give this one a try and let me know how you like it.
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
colored sugar sprinkles, optional

Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla with paddle attachment of mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour; mix well. Refrigerate overnight.

Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes; sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:05am
post #3 of 4

Great! Thanks, SC!! thumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:11am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

Great! Thanks, SC!! thumbs_up.gif

You are welcome kiddo, it is very close to your recipe minus the leavenings which usually you want to limit when making cut-out cookies anyway.
Hugs SQuirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%