Whats A "dirt Cake" ?

Decorating By BlueLamp1 Updated 29 Jan 2006 , 4:21am by Zamode

BlueLamp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueLamp1 Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 3:01am
post #1 of 6

HI everyone,
My cousin wants a "dirt cake" for his party next week, but ive never heard of it? Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!
Bluelamp1

5 replies
snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 3:11am
post #2 of 6

Isnt that one of those cakes with the crushed oreos on top and gummy worms that look like dirt? Thats my only guess

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 3:11am
post #3 of 6

Hmmm, he could be asking for a Mud cake, which there are recipes on the site for, or he could be asking for a cake where there are crushed cookie crumbs mixed with chocolate pudding to simulate dirt. Could you ask him if he could elaborate a bit more, just so you know exactly what he means (sometimes what someone says, and someone means are two different things!)

For the heck of it I put in "Dirt Cake" into google, and came up with a tonne of replies for it, Here is one of them: http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/DirtCake.asp . You can put a real or fake flower in there, (with either make sure to cover the bottom of the stems well with foil or plastic wrap).

Mud cake on the other hand is a dense rich cake, though I am not sure if thats what he's refering to.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 3:18am
post #4 of 6

I have also seen "dirt" made with graham cracker crumbs or brown sugar. You need to find out for sure if he wants a design that looks like dirt or something really chocolate! icon_smile.gif

BlueLamp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueLamp1 Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 3:03am
post #5 of 6

THanks everyone for thier help. I decided to ask and he wanted "worms coming out of the cake with dirt (oreos) on top". So know it makes more sense!
thanks!
Bluelamp1

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 4:21am
post #6 of 6

Dirt is awesome!! thumbs_up.gif Going to make some for my daughter's party for her cousins in attendance. Don't forget the terra cotta pot and trowel!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%