Classic Ford Mustang Cake

Decorating By pattyu Updated 4 Feb 2006 , 9:50pm by Cakeman66

pattyu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattyu Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 9:26am
post #1 of 7

I would like to make my husband a classic Ford Mustang cake for his 40th birthhday. He is a Mustang Fanatic and he currently owns two, a 66' and a 67'. I have looked and have found nothing. icon_sad.gif Any ideas would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks.

6 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 7

You will probably have to carve it from frozen cake or "adjust" a regular car pan. Depending on your skill level...

I have both types in my gallery and can give you some pointers. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-jenn123.html

Try searching "cars" in the gallery...there are some really creative cakes to give you ideas. Also search "carve" in the forums for some terrific tips. The search button is small text right under the titles.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 7

I'm not really an expert, but I made one for my DB birthday in July using the regular Wilton racecar pan and adapted it to look as much like his Mustang as I could. It is in my gallery, maybe it would help a little! Janice

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

I'm not really an expert, but I made one for my DB birthday in July using the regular Wilton racecar pan and adapted it to look as much like his Mustang as I could. It is in my gallery, maybe it would help a little! Janice

You did an amazing job on it, first time I saw it, love that cake kiddo!
Hugs Squirrelly

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 7

Or, you might could try a frozen buttercream transfer. Here is the link to the instructions. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 7

Here is a picture of an edible image car cake. Maybe you can take pictures of both cars and shape the cake to the pictures.
LL

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 7

I dont' know what to sya that other's havent' said already,but IF you read this and finish it, please post so we can see it.

I'm (still) in love with my beloved '68 convertible and '65 hardtop Mustangs, that I had to get rid of for various reasons.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%