Smash Cake Pan ??

Decorating By melissablack Updated 6 Apr 2005 , 12:39am by llj68

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 8

Is it a 3 inch pan that is used for those little smash cakes? Where do you find them? They don't have them that small in my local Hobby Lobby or Wal-mart stores. There is a Michael's in the next town I could check out, or will I have to order it online??

Melissaicon_smile.gif

7 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 8

I have seen it in three inch, but I have mainly seen it in 6 inch. I am sure you can do any small cake and it would be fine... you wouldnt happen to have Pampered Chef small baker???? if so that will work...

ilithiya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilithiya Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 8

Sorry for sounding dumb, but what exactly are you referring to as a smash cake? Is it one of the 1st birthday tiny cakes (what I'm familiar with as a smash cake) or something else?

You've piqued my curiosity... it's been a while since I've heard that term. icon_biggrin.gif

Illy

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 8

I don't know about a 3" pan but I use a 6" for my smash cakes. Big enough to really smash icon_lol.gif ! I do have a 3" pan too. It's very tall--the size of a large can of baked beans. I found it at a thrift store. Never seen another one like it but I'm sure they are sold online.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 8

Ok, that explains a lot then. I just assumed it was a 3" cake. I have a 6" pan so I can just use thaticon_smile.gif

Yes, that is what I'm referring to, the first birthday cake for the birthday baby to 'smash'. That's what I heard them referred to on different cake sites icon_razz.gif

Thanksicon_smile.gif

Melissa

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 8

You can really use any size, I have round cake pans that start at 2 inches and go up. It is really up to you on what you want to use. You could even use a small shaped pan, like the wilton small 3d bear. The cake you choose really is up to who you are serving to and how it will fit the theme.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 8

I use a 6" pan for this reason alone.... when I make a 9*13 (requested for most of the parties), I like to use just a a hint more than 1-1/2 mixes. I have just enough left over for a good 6" round.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 12:39am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4dawn

I use a 6" pan for this reason alone.... when I make a 9*13 (requested for most of the parties), I like to use just a a hint more than 1-1/2 mixes. I have just enough left over for a good 6" round.

I do the exact same thing for the exact same reason. I have had moms ask for a smaller one so I will just trim an inch or so off around the edges.

I love using the 6", though, in chocolate--it makes for great pictures.

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%