melissablack Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:01pm
post #1 of

Is it a 3 inch pan that is used for those little smash cakes? Where do you find them? They don't have them that small in my local Hobby Lobby or Wal-mart stores. There is a Michael's in the next town I could check out, or will I have to order it online??

Melissaicon_smile.gif

7 replies
flayvurdfun Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:09pm
post #2 of

I have seen it in three inch, but I have mainly seen it in 6 inch. I am sure you can do any small cake and it would be fine... you wouldnt happen to have Pampered Chef small baker???? if so that will work...

ilithiya Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:11pm
post #3 of

Sorry for sounding dumb, but what exactly are you referring to as a smash cake? Is it one of the 1st birthday tiny cakes (what I'm familiar with as a smash cake) or something else?

You've piqued my curiosity... it's been a while since I've heard that term. icon_biggrin.gif

Illy

Lisa Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:12pm
post #4 of

I don't know about a 3" pan but I use a 6" for my smash cakes. Big enough to really smash icon_lol.gif ! I do have a 3" pan too. It's very tall--the size of a large can of baked beans. I found it at a thrift store. Never seen another one like it but I'm sure they are sold online.

melissablack Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:15pm
post #5 of

Ok, that explains a lot then. I just assumed it was a 3" cake. I have a 6" pan so I can just use thaticon_smile.gif

Yes, that is what I'm referring to, the first birthday cake for the birthday baby to 'smash'. That's what I heard them referred to on different cake sites icon_razz.gif

Thanksicon_smile.gif

Melissa

cakeconfections Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 8:22pm
post #6 of

You can really use any size, I have round cake pans that start at 2 inches and go up. It is really up to you on what you want to use. You could even use a small shaped pan, like the wilton small 3d bear. The cake you choose really is up to who you are serving to and how it will fit the theme.

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 11:13pm
post #7 of

I use a 6" pan for this reason alone.... when I make a 9*13 (requested for most of the parties), I like to use just a a hint more than 1-1/2 mixes. I have just enough left over for a good 6" round.

llj68 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 12:39am
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4dawn

I use a 6" pan for this reason alone.... when I make a 9*13 (requested for most of the parties), I like to use just a a hint more than 1-1/2 mixes. I have just enough left over for a good 6" round.

I do the exact same thing for the exact same reason. I have had moms ask for a smaller one so I will just trim an inch or so off around the edges.

I love using the 6", though, in chocolate--it makes for great pictures.

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%