Gum Tex Flowers With Netting And Ribbon.

Decorating By GrandmaSweetiePie Updated 28 Aug 2004 , 3:11pm by GrandmaSweetiePie

GrandmaSweetiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 27 Aug 2004 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 5

Another baker gave me a gum tex corsage to put on my cake. Do I just lay it on my cake, or should I put a piece of parshment paper underneath?

I iced my cake with buttercream frosting.

Grandma Sweetie Pie

4 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 27 Aug 2004 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 5

most items go right on the cake.. You could if you would like place a small piece of the wax or parchment paper down and then place it on that if its not going to be seen..

GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 28 Aug 2004 , 2:31am
post #3 of 5

Thank you for answering my question re: gum tex corsage. I went to your web site and saw your Dolphin Cake; my niece loves dolphins. How did you make the dolphins and the water? Did you use color flow?

Thanks,
Grandma Sweetie Pie

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 28 Aug 2004 , 3:28am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSweetiePie

I went to your web site and saw your Dolphin Cake; my niece loves dolphins. How did you make the dolphins and the water?

I got a coloring book page that I liked with the dolphin on it put it in one my copy cake machine and outlined it then I took the other photo of the one diving and outlined it .... I filled them in with glaze ie powder sugar and water and vanilla then thinned it with Karo Syrup to make it thin so it would flow put it in a parchment bag without a tip cut a bit of the end off and let it go... The the water I outlined in one color and filled with another.. I hope this helps you if I can help please feel free to email me or PM me and I will try to help you more..

The recipe is on this site for the glaze under glaze for color flow items.. the cake is also in the gallery here... If you would like a copy of the dolphins I used I can scan them for ya.. just let me know.. Victoria

GrandmaSweetiePie Posted 28 Aug 2004 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! Thanks!

I love this site, it has been so helpful to me. Yes, Ladycake please send me a copy of your dolphins.

Thanks,
Grandma Sweetie Pie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%