Alice's Cake Pricing Matrix

Business By alicegop Updated 22 Jun 2016 , 4:13pm by mabv812

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 12:56pm
post #61 of 175

This is the first time I read this interesting post. Thanks, Alice. Am I supposed to use version S if I have Excel and R if I don't?

hdmt704 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hdmt704 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:59am
post #62 of 175

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us! I'm up way past my bedtime playing around with this spreadsheet. It's brought up a lot of costs that I never thought of before.

imacatlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imacatlover Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #63 of 175

THANK YOU!!! This matrix is awesome... I'm very impressed with your Excel skills as well!

You mentioned you have developed a Powerpoint... it looks like you could post that to youtube.com.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:56am
post #64 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquesha613

Hi Alice,
I would like to join everyone else by saying "thank you" for the pricing matrix icon_biggrin.gif . I have a question /problem though. I'm not very good with excel.I needed to add a few rows on the basic price sheet for cake boards.It calculated all the way over until I got to the blue cell asking how much was used.How do I adjust the formula or format, so it will work all the way across to the yellow column where it adds the total with sales tax included?

Thanks In Advance

I am happy to answer questions and help with the cake matrix. However, cake baking is my hobby, I teach math and I have 3 kids... so if I can't answer your question right away please be patient!! I'll get to it! I love doing this, I make so many nice cake friends! You can email me at [email protected]. If you look earlier in the thread I believe I l have a link to a powerpoint with instructions.

You MUST have excel to use this... however a work around is to get a gmail account (www.gmail.com) and google documents is fantastic! You can do excel over the web and not have to have excel at all!

I have it on a google doc at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pmBG94uB5W9zc4X3e1Zl8ew&hl=en

I THINK you can File->save as-> and make your own copy to use via the web.

Remember when using the matrix to start by going file->save as and give it a different name so you don't mess up the clean copy! Also, change all the values so they reflect what you do and pay! Don't be afraid to ask for help! I'll do my best to help. [/url]

gateauxdamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateauxdamour Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:57am
post #65 of 175

Thank you so much for sharing your matrix! It is very helpful! thumbs_up.gif

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:31pm
post #66 of 175

Wow, I think it'll take days for me to unerstand all of this. Thanks so much for sharing this!!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:51pm
post #67 of 175

ALICE, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'll have to study it to get it down pack because I've never used Excel. I'll probably have many many ?'s for you, LOL. But, Thanks again, I appreciate all of the time & effort you put into this to help not only yourself but others and that's what LIFE IS ALL ABOUT, HELPING ONE ANOTHER, GOD BLESS!!!

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:00pm
post #68 of 175

Alice thank you so much this is so very cool and very helpful. One question how do I change the logo in the customer tab? I have not been able to do it for some reason any ideas when you get a chance will be helpful. Thank you so much again for all your hard work. Oh I have the Q download if that makes a differance

jubeken2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jubeken2005 Posted 22 May 2008 , 12:34pm
post #69 of 175

Can i change the currency and price? how will i do it? Thanks!

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:00am
post #70 of 175

i am unable to download....any other way to get the price matrix???

junebuggey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
junebuggey Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:27pm
post #71 of 175

Thanks for all your hard work. I really like what you have done!

Junebuggey

Shanille21 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #72 of 175

I finally downloaded the matrix and think it will help me with my "undercharging" problem. I do have a question......i need to make a wonder mold dress cake.....where should i plug that into? would that be considerer a specialty cake? it only uses one mix so should i consised it a 8" cake w/o layers?and what if i cover with fondant? TIA
Shannon

alicegop Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 11:39pm
post #73 of 175

My matrix probably isn't the best for the wonder mold or character pans. You can estimate by putting in two 8 inch or 2 six inch I would imagine. I should probably also adjust the matrix to include odd size pans.

Anyway, awhile I ago I used my camera to video a little tutorial on the matrix but it was too big to upload to youtube. Recently I bought a mac book and there is an option to send directly to you tube so I did that.

There are TWO parts since the total video was 11 minutes long and you can only have 10 minutes... so I cut it into two parts.

Search alicegop
Right now the 2nd part isn't showing up, but I just uploaded it. If it doesn't show up in the next hour or so, I'll re upload it.

Version S is just a newer version than version R.

junebuggey Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #74 of 175

Alice,
Have you uploaded version S or is it still a work in progress?

Thanks,
Junebuggey

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:14pm
post #75 of 175

Hi Alice,

Wow!!! What an excellent spreadsheet you have there! I just downloaded it and will be playing with it to get more familiar and comfortable using it. Thank you for all the work that you put into it and also for sharing it with us.

One suggestion, and I am not sure if this is already in the spreadsheet, would be to have one place where you input the price of the ingredients for all the recipes. This way, if the price of an ingredient goes up or down, you just change it in one place instead of changing every recipe that uses that ingredient. Does that make sense? Like I said, I need to play with the spreadsheet more, I am not sure if this is already a feature in there.

Thank you again for your generosity in sharing this! I know it will help a lot of people!

alicegop Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:58pm
post #76 of 175

There is a place for your ingredients pricing. That is crucial to the spreadsheet to be able to accurately tell you your costs. It is on the recipes tab.

I'll attach version S here if I haven't attached it before.

junebuggey Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:54pm
post #77 of 175

Thanks for posting version S. I cannot wait to check it out!

Junebuggey

Shanille21 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:24am
post #78 of 175

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem opening it?
TIA
Shannon

junebuggey Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:51am
post #79 of 175

Seems to be a corrupted file. It needs to be reloaded.

Thanks Alice!

Junebuggey

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:39am
post #80 of 175

Hi Alice,
Thank you very much for sharing, Iknow this work takes so much time to do... am new at this and now that I can see all this informaion I have realized i have not been charging enough icon_sad.gif

Thank you again ! icon_smile.gif

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #81 of 175

I have Windows Vista and it will not open this older version of excel in a readable manner. It goes to compatible mode and it jumbles the columns.
I also got the corruption errors as well.

If anyone has one in a more recent excel format (Vista) Can you please email it to me.

Thank you!

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:11am
post #82 of 175

Thanks so much for posting this, I have been unable to use it as well, and since I have Vista, I am assuming that's the problem, if anyone figures out how to make this rockin' spreadsheet to work on Vista, please, please, please, could you let me know? Thanks!

monica7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monica7 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:42pm
post #83 of 175

Never really used excel but this spreadsheet looks great, hopefully I'll figure it out soon. Thanks for sharing. princess.gif

bsanders12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsanders12 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 6:14pm
post #84 of 175

I downloaded your newest version of the matrix, but when I enter 2 for the number of layers in my cake; the matrix does not add up the costs. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong...thank you
Becca

psyndi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psyndi Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:52pm
post #85 of 175

Thank you for all your hard work on this spreedsheet, you did a great job. I am just starting a new business and you have really given me a great start on the business side. The only problem I am having is that I don't use cake mixes and I seem to figure out how to insert my recipes. Do you have a tutoral or a post to referr to. Again thank you for sharing you hard work.

naz1905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naz1905 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:23pm
post #86 of 175

Hiya all, Alice, Thank you for uploading newest version, I'm trying to put my own recipe in the cake recipes tab, but i'm not understanding what each column is for. What is amount unit amount and price refer to.? How do you work out how many cups you get from one batch. Or more easily, how many serving you get from 1 cup? The cup problem i'v sloved, i have converted my grams measurements to cups. Ie: i know that 1 cup butter is 227g, 1 cup sugar/flour is 128g. On the fillings tab, do you use ready made filling? Thank you for any help at all.

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:38am
post #87 of 175

So I uploaded Alice's cake pricing matrix and let me tell you I LOVED it! I used it twice and it's awesome. But for some reason, now I can't edit any of the fields! Anyone know what happened? I can pull it up and there is my wonderful pricing matrix, but I can't do anything with it. icon_sad.gif

mrsfirebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfirebug Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 7:31pm
post #88 of 175

are 3 d cakes in this matrix? I looked but not sure I am looking in the right spot... Thank you

kakbarker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakbarker Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:01am
post #89 of 175

I feel very stupid. I am new to this site and have searched and searched. I am sure it is right in front of my face but I cannot find the matrix. I am so embarrassed!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:08am
post #90 of 175

Is there a reason that I can't view beyond page 6?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%