Xbox Cake Ideas Help

Decorating By klsrtr Updated 21 Sep 2012 , 4:44pm by tex8798

klsrtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klsrtr Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 7

I have a request for a XBOX cake for Saturday I don't even know what an xbox looks like. I have seen a few pictures on here, but some were grey and some were black. Any tips ideas would be helpful.

Kim

6 replies
bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 7

I did an x-box cake,and got the idea straight off of this site. For mine I used a 9x13" covered it with black BC, and went from there. I just looked at the other cakes to see how to dec, because I didn't know what one looked like either. I made the controller out of MMF. really not as hard as you think, not a lot to it once you start breaking down the diff. parts. You'll do fine. Good Luck. thumbs_up.gif

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 7

here is a picture of an xbox cake.
LL

tsc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsc Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 7

klsrtr,

If you need a picture of an xbox to go by, just go to xbox.com They'll have examples of them on the site. Also, some xbox's are gray and some are black, it just depends on the model. Good luck with this.

tsc

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 7

Is the request for he original Xbox or the new Xbox 360? They are different.

Try this link for pics and dimensions from the Xbox site for the original Xbox:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox.htm

I have done 2 and they aren't too bad to do. I took a 9X13 cake and cut about 2" off of the long end, iced it with black buttercream and put a black 'X' on top with some fondant accents in the front.

Good luck!
LL

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 1:00am
post #6 of 7

Can anyone else NOT see mamsota's pic of the Xbox? For some reason I can't but I know there is something there as I can see that, so far, it has been viewed 41 times. Any ideas?

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 21 Sep 2012 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 7

How much would you charge for a cake like this? I just got an order today for October.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%