Ok, I'm A Butter User Now~

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 8 Apr 2005 , 9:17pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 3:15am
post #61 of 73

Lisa, is there salt and sugar added to it or is it strictly the ground peanuts?
A few years ago I purchased a huge container of the health food store all natural peanut butter and without the icing sugar and salt in it, well nobody would eat it, haha! Figures!
Guess we like healthy, with a bit of a junk food slant to it!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 3:38am
post #62 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrellyCakes

Lisa, is there salt and sugar added to it or is it strictly the ground peanuts?
A few years ago I purchased a huge container of the health food store all natural peanut butter and without the icing sugar and salt in it, well nobody would eat it, haha! Figures!
Guess we like healthy, with a bit of a junk food slant to it!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

I had to go look. It's peanuts and salt. It's so nice to read a label that has only 1 or 2 ingredients. It's sweet like regular PB though. I think you'd like it.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 3:42am
post #63 of 73

Heehee, good there is salt added, to me, there is nothing more tasteless than peanutbutter that is unsalted, haha! I will have to check if it is available here! Sounds good to me!
Hugs Squirrelly

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 4:06am
post #64 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

Blue Bonnet is margarine (chemical imitation butter)
Land 'O Lakes is real butter (no imitation here)

WHAT ABOUT IMPERIAL BUTTER? THAT IS WHAT I AM USING....

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 4:17am
post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Has anyone tried the 0 trans fat version of Crisco in their icing? It seems like it would be a healthier alternative. I was curious if it would work.

Ever since I saw it in the stores, it is the only Crisco that I use (unless I need Butter-flavored, but I assume that they will be coming out with 0-TFA Buuter flavored soon)

It works just fine!

Thanks...it's good to know that somene else has used it and it worked. After all this talk about obesity and heart disease, I may be trying it soon.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 4:23am
post #66 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3jotynjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

Blue Bonnet is margarine (chemical imitation butter)
Land 'O Lakes is real butter (no imitation here)

WHAT ABOUT IMPERIAL BUTTER? THAT IS WHAT I AM USING....

Hhmn, I am in Canada and here, the only Imperial is margarine. Does it come in a block or a tub? Does it actually say Imperial Butter on it or is that just part of the advertisement. I know that here, the Imperial margarine advertises as tasting like butter, but it is margarine.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 4:30am
post #67 of 73

Our Wal Mart sells the 0 trans fat Crisco but only in the small cans for close to the same price as the big can of the regular. I'll get a can one of these day and make up some icing for a cake. But if I decide to start using it it'd better be available in the bigger can somewhere. Those little buggers are expensive!
Maybe Sam's Club will have it in the BIG can.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 9:30am
post #68 of 73

Curdling would come if you use any citrus in the mix - lemon or orange oil, along with butter or milk. Not sure what else could cause it.

btw, Land o Lakes makes margarine, too. Someone said Land O Lakes was butter, but they make a variety of dairy spreads.

I have recently changed to using half butter or slightly less than half butter with shortening (Dawn's recipe). I like it much better than all shortening.

~AngelWendy

ump107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ump107 Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 9:14am
post #69 of 73

I have always used real butter I usually get the store brand. I use the Wilton 50-50 butter-shortening butter cream recipe. I havent had a problem with color if the color is off no one has said anything and I cant tell. I avoid using margarine because it contains Soy as does Crisco, so I use Spectrum Naturals Organic Shortening SpectrumNaturals (last item on page) its made with palm oil, no trans fats and not hydrogenated so generally healthier (so Im told). It is white like Crisco and no one I know has noticed a difference in taste.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 11:41am
post #70 of 73

Wow another product I hadnt heard of !!!! Man!

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 8:44pm
post #71 of 73

I have always used the class buttercream, and thought it tasted just fine until I made the butter cream recipe that Cali4dawn posted for the BCT!!!! OH boy, I don't know if I will ever go back!! I am going to have the raise the price on my cakes to cover the cost of real butter!!! THat stuff is expensive!

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 9:15pm
post #72 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoozieqv

I have always used the class buttercream, and thought it tasted just fine until I made the butter cream recipe that Cali4dawn posted for the BCT!!!! OH boy, I don't know if I will ever go back!! I am going to have the raise the price on my cakes to cover the cost of real butter!!! THat stuff is expensive!

OH yes zoo! i hear ya!! omg!! that stuff is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 9:17pm
post #73 of 73

Sometimes we can cut corners, other times we can't... this is worth every penny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%