Lingerie Cake

Decorating By jscakes Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 2:50am by ginger6361

jscakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:47am
post #1 of 17

icon_surprised.gif I need some information about a cake that was seen on the Wilton web site in the discussion forum. This cake was a round cake with fondant made lingerie on the top. The color was a shiny-irredescent mauve I believe, it was a 2 piece bra and panty with stamping/cutouts that looked lacey and very pretty actually.
If someone remembers that cake, or has ideas of a similar cake I would apprecicate having the information.
I am asking for someone who has asked me for information on a cake such as this for a lingerie party they are having. I haven't made a cake like this, but it does sound like fun! icon_wink.gif
I appreciate any help with this.

16 replies
veejaytx Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 6:27am
post #2 of 17

Hi, there's a photo of a bra here in the Gallery under Uncategorized, Other, on page 2.

Might help a little. I think I saw the Wilton one, but don't know when or where.
I did a Google image search and found:
Lingerie cakes:

bra cakes:
each has lingerie cake photos. Looks like if you have the Wilton teeny bikini or the pretty lady pan it would help, but not necessary. Janice

Kam Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 6:55am
post #3 of 17

I actually read some instructions for the bra one. The person used slurpee lids to mold the cups of the bra. To get the lacey look you would want to buy a fondant press/mold in a lace pattern you like and then use luster dust to "paint" it. If I come across the website with instructions, I'll post it. Good luck, Kam

jscakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 7:45am
post #4 of 17

I thank you very much for the links and suggestions. I will pass the information along.

MrsMissey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 17

I have one posted on this's not the greatest but it's still cute! I used the mini-egg pan to mold the bra and then applied fondant embellishments, brushed with luster dust!

jscakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 5:32am
post #6 of 17

MrsMissey: I can't find it, I've searched the galleries and I'd like to see it. Thanks

MrsMissey Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 17

Right below this message ( and all posted messages), you will find links..just click on "photos" and it will take you right to my cake photos!

veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:15pm
post #8 of 17

I'm just learning all kinds of things this morning, like the link to photos, profile, etc., sure makes it easier! Earlier today, I finally discovered this quick reply box, much quicker than the "post reply" method.

I looked at all your photos, and your cakes are all wonderful! Janice

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 17

I have ths photo saved in my files.I think it is what you were talking about.I didn't do this cake but it sure is great!!

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:42pm
post #10 of 17

And another one!!! Again I did not do these cakes but if anyone here did...step up and let us know who is behind these Fantastic Creations!!!

MrsMissey Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:53pm
post #11 of 17

..that cake is done by cakesbysam! Isn't it fantastic!

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 2:32pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks Mrs Missey....I knew someone here would know!! icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 2:58pm
post #13 of 17

Those are both fantastic, but I really love the lavender set! I'll add both of them to my "Wish I Could Do That" file. Thanks for the photos. Janice

zoozieqv Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 9:55pm
post #14 of 17

I'm learning things too....a quick reply box...too cool! I've been doing things the hard way!!!

jscakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 10:37pm
post #15 of 17

Kiddiekakes: THATS THE ONE! I will send it to the person who is looking for the style. I really like the lavendar bra one, with the roses and the way it's designed, very tasetfull. Hmmm, do you think a lively 75 yr. young woman would like such a cake???
Thank you all so much for all the tips, links, pictures and information.
I too just learned a few things on here...about the photo link on the post...I didn't know you could get to the photos of someone else that way.
You are all great! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 11:38pm
post #16 of 17

Anytime...Glad I could help!!! icon_smile.gif

ginger6361 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #17 of 17

What do you use to shape and pattern the bra? Is it fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%