"money" Cake Ideas?

Decorating By jo_ann Updated 24 Jan 2006 , 2:10am by jo_ann

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 12:15am
post #1 of 7

Help! I need ideas for a "money" cake for a 17 year old girl. That's what she told her mother she wants. Any ideas? Please!!!

6 replies
kjb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjb Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 3:34am
post #2 of 7

Hi!

I had given some money cake ideas a few days ago when someone was asking about making a "funky money" cake. Someone even posted a picture of money coming out of a bag.

This was my idea for the last request for a money cake:

what about a sheet cake shaped into an open hand and large chocolate or fondant rectangles maybe in different colors like monopoly money fanned out over the hand? Put different denominations on each chocolate or fondant bill.

Or maybe a sheet cake with an edible image of the child on it in place of the president. Make the bill like a million dollars

Well...Since this cake will be for a girl you might do a purse with money spilling out of it...or what about the idea that money doesn't grow on trees and make a tree with money on it?
I'm fresh out of ideas now...sorry!
Hope this helps!
Kim

jo_ann Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 7

I definitely like the money doesn't grow on trees idea. Thanks, I'll let you know how it turns out

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 7

I saw the cutest cake in a book yesterday.... I wish I had a picture. It was a piggy bank with money spilling out of it.

Here is the money bag I posted.... I'm not sure who originally made this cake
LL

jo_ann Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 7

I really like the money bag. Hope you don't mind if I use it MommyEdzards.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 7

I don't mind at all.... hee hee... I didn't make the cake. Just one of the many favorites saved on my computer! I can't wait to see yours..... I will have to try it some day, but haven't found the oppertunity yet!

jo_ann Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 2:10am
post #7 of 7

It should be fun. I'll be sure to post it. I also have alot of my favorite saved. Never know when I'll need inspiration. Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%