kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 3:22am
post #121 of 290

you ladies are all crazy...

...crazy for decorating that is!!!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:14am
post #122 of 290

You know you are a cake addict when..... You roll over in your sleep and take a bite on your husbands arm and say "Told you my cake was nice and moist" Happened to me last night. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:52am
post #123 of 290

you know you're an addict when...

DH asks you to put dd in highchair for dinner and you say no, but really you're answering a question you just read on cc.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 12:46pm
post #124 of 290

OMGoodness, you all have me cracking up.... I really like things like this...... who needs coffee in the morning when you have this kind of stuff...

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 1:14pm
post #125 of 290

This stuff is so funny!!! Here's a few more:

You move all of your food stuff out of the pantry so you can make room for all of your cake decorating stuff.

You ask your DH if he would consider expanding the kitchen for your birthday or anniversary so you would have more room for all of your cake decorating stuff.

You designate a special plate for family samples and everything else is off limits!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 3:37pm
post #126 of 290

My daughter got married and I turned her walk-in closet into storage for my cake stuff. It's getting growded now I'm looking at my son's closet. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank goodness he's on his own, not that it would matter. icon_wink.gif

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:01pm
post #127 of 290

....when your 5 year old DS is talking in your ear saying "Mommy can I please play a game on the comp"...you don't answer right away b/c you are busy reading all these post...he says "MOMMY! please make me some lunch". Your Very Delayed reply..."in one minute"....25 minutes late...."in one minute.....10 min later...."okay, okay I'm going"....4min later, still typing this post. icon_wink.gif

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:32pm
post #128 of 290

You know your a cake addict when:

You are at work and you hear someone say birthday and you tell them you make cakes and hand them your number.

When you take all your class cakes to work just so people will see them and ask who did that so you can try to get some work. (not that i don't like my job...just not as much as i love my cakes)

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:38pm
post #129 of 290

...you eat left-over frosting and cake scraps for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner)

momx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momx3 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:48pm
post #130 of 290

Thank you soo much, I needed a good laugh today.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:58pm
post #131 of 290

...when your coworkers walk in the office and tell you to get off CC (by name)
...when any conversation turns turns to cake talk within 2 minutes
...keeping a little ball of fondant in my office as air freshener so it will smell like "cakes"...

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:02pm
post #132 of 290

When you have to call a friend and ask her to be your guinea pig for a cake you had to try to do, but there's too much of it for your family, and the freezer is already full of cake....
that happened last month!!! Let's say her four y-o was happy to get a big 3 tier cake (strawberry shortcake from my pics) icon_smile.gif

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:17pm
post #133 of 290

... when you reach for your piping bag like a baby would reach for his pacifier.

just wanted to add that i have used luster dust as eye shadow. Its is "très belle"

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:23pm
post #134 of 290

Wooooo, I read through all 9 pages! icon_lol.gif

You know you're a cake addict when....

..You have more cake books than any other books
..the first question from family and friends when they talk to you is, "making any cakes?"
..when eating a chocolate bar you wonder how you could put it in cake
..when eating a dessert you wonder how you could make the flavours into cake (key lime cake anyone? icon_lol.gif )
..every piece of paper around your house has cake sketches on it
..all your birthday and christmas presents are cake related
..you plan your family's birthday cakes months in advance
..you're disappointed when someone asks for a "simple cake"
..you're kept up at night by thoughts of cake designs

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:36pm
post #135 of 290

...your kitchen has a permanent layer of powdered sugar and corn starch.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:47pm
post #136 of 290

You always find fondant stuck in your wedding ring!

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:51pm
post #137 of 290

When you want to make your little girl a beautiful, jaw dropping castle cake icon_biggrin.gif for her birthday and all she wants is a simple teddy bear icon_cry.gif . And then you beg her every day and try to come up with a compromise of doing both cakes icon_cool.gif and she still won't budge icon_cry.gif .

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:38pm
post #138 of 290

When your hubby is up looking at you lay'n in bed and asks you what your thinking about and you look at him and say cake ideas..lol..the look on his face.

When you keep frozen cake chunks in the frezzer for your kids to have for snaks.

When the only part of the cake you eat is the top that you cut off after it has cooled a bit, cuz it's still warm.
I have been doing cakes for almost a year and That is all i eat of cakes now, and most the time I don't even do that. I'll make cakes i love it but don't give me any.

oh and when you make a cake your hubby asks are you gonna make on for me???

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:44pm
post #139 of 290

When you're sick but still force yourself to get up to log on and learn something.

SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:51pm
post #140 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

You always find fondant stuck in your wedding ring!

Guilty!

You know you're a cake deco addict when:

...both your daughters are doing science projects based on baking.

My 12 year old is testing baking sodas and my 13 year old is testing royal icing recipes/additives for strength!!!!

Hey, if I have to help them do the project, I'm going to learn something useful from it all!

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:57pm
post #141 of 290

When you should be taking a nap, because both of your kids are taking one at the same time and you went to bed at 2:00 am in the morning...doing cakes.
And you are still in CC!

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 8:13pm
post #142 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by biviana

When you should be taking a nap, because both of your kids are taking one at the same time and you went to bed at 2:00 am in the morning...doing cakes.
And you are still in CC!

GUILTY!!!!!
I do that ALL the time!!!!!!! LOL icon_smile.gif

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 11:06pm
post #143 of 290

LOL, these posts are great!

You know you're a cake deco addict when:

You're in too much pain to go to work(back problems), but you manage to still sit in you're computer chair so you can read the latest on CC. The good thing is my computer is right next to my comfy couch so if I need to, I can turn my monitor and put the keyboard in my lap so that I can be more comfortable.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 11:14pm
post #144 of 290

I'm super tired, but even though I'm going to promise to go to sleep as soon as I get home, I'm not. icon_sad.gif

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 11:37pm
post #145 of 290

DID IT -- READ ALL 10 PAGES!

You know you're a cake deco when...

your 3-year old knows to "sqeeze from the top" of a piping bag.

you have to restrain yourself from laughing and pouring out your REAL feelings to about that Costco or Walmart cake that the person who bought the cake is raving over.

LOL -- this is a great thread! icon_biggrin.gif
Sarah

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 11:42pm
post #146 of 290

ok. this is too funny.. my daughter (she's 11) is BEGGING for a cake central user id.. and she asks me if I heard back whether or not she can have one ( i havent even asked)

jojo12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo12 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 12:26am
post #147 of 290

These were great!

Last week our electricity went out for a few hours early in the morning before my husband left for work. Hubby kept calling me to check and see if the power was back on. It had been back on for many hours and I couldn't get away from this site long enough to vacuum so I would tell him ' no the power is still out'. At 5pm when he called before he left work I finally had to tell him it was back on.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 12:53am
post #148 of 290

You work at a Michaels, and even with the staff discount, by the time you're finished shopping the Wilton aisle, you still don't have a paycheque left! (I should just tell them to pay me in product...I'd still owe them money!)

ps- I read all previous pages. Great thread! If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? Others just like you, that's who!

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 1:37am
post #149 of 290

You know you are a cake addict when:

You find out your grandmother is dying and turn to your CC friends before your husband.

You walk through the house and see your new cake toy (MY AGBAY!) and it makes you smile and makes you want to bake a cake, just so you can use it.

You go to a mid-week church activity and they are shocked you don't have frosting all over you clothes and that your hands are normal color.

Your 4 year old is watching a new movie and the first thing they say when they're done is that they want a cake designed after the movie.

You look at new movies come out and wonder what would make a nice cake from the movie.

You sell all your furniture and put 90% of your belongings in storage so you can move across country but you take all your cake decorating equipment, supplies, books, ingredients, etc.

The first thing you do when you are getting ready to move is look up how far away the closest cake store is.

You choose the state you move to based on their home baking laws.

You smell like buttercream.

You buy buttercream candles so when clients come over your house smells really strong of buttercream.

You don't need to buy the candles, but you do anyway, just in case.

You pay an extra 200 dollars a month in rent so you can have a 3 bedroom apartment to store your cake stuff in.

You plan a reunion for you husband's mission just so you can make a cake you have been wanting to make. The reunion is 1000 miles away and you are stopping there on your way to a cross country move.

Yeah. I'm pathetic.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 1:37am
post #150 of 290

Oh - you know you are a cake addict when you have a cake planned for your one year anniversary of cake decorating.

Rachel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%