Raspberry Candy Jellies Recipe

Sugar Work By deedee4420 Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 12:44pm by deedee4420

deedee4420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee4420 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 10

If someone could help, I am looking for a recipe to make raspberry candy jellies to dip into chocolate.
I had a supplier that sold me a slab of jellies that I cut into pieces and dipped into dark chocolate. The supplier is no longer able to get the jellies for me and I have a monthly standing order for them.
If anyone has a raspberry candy jellies recipe they would be willing to share please let me know.
I tried a lemon candy jellies recipe I found on the internet but it did not turn out right. Any suggestions are welcome also.
Thanks

9 replies
kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know about raspberry jellies, but Alton Brown made some sour jellies for a Halloween episode. You could probably adapt it to make raspberry jellies and just leave out the citric acid or whatever it was he used to make it sour.

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 10

Actually, I just looked at the recipe and he just uses straight lemon and lime juices and added zest. I still think it wouldn't take much to adapt it to raspberries.
Just go to www.foodnetwork.com and look up "Acid Jellies". Hope that helps.

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 10
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 7:51am
post #5 of 10

I took a class last summer and we made raspberry pate de fruit. As I recall, we were told that it could be cut and enrobed in chocolate--just eliminate the final sugar coating.

Here's a recipe similar to what we made:

http://www.perfectpuree.com/pp/recipe.php?puree_recipe=Pate+de+Fruit&recipe_id=1179&purees=fruit_puree

Sounds delicious to me, but I like "jellies"...

Rae

deedee4420 Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you for all your help.

Everyone is always so willing to help I will try the recipes and let you know which one works best.

Again, thanks!!!

deedee4420 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 10

Just wanted to thank everyone again for all your help!

I tried all the recipes and the one BlakesCakes suggested from perfect puree turned out the best. I found seedless raspberry puree from a gourmet shop in town and used that. The jellies came out tasting and looking great I poured them into a jelly roll pan and was able to cut them in the rectangular shape I needed when they firmed up.

I dipped them in dark chocolate and I am all set for my orders.

Everyone here is GREAT!!!!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 10

Great news, deedee! I hope the customer really likes them--you've made some very gourmet treats.

I may have to make some of these to spoil myself--someday.

Rae

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:32am
post #9 of 10

YUMMMM! I guess it is to late for a pic?

deedee4420 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 12:44pm
post #10 of 10

Yes they are delicious, actually this recipe tastes better than the ones I used to purchase to dip in chocolate.

They are already sent to my client, so I am sorry I can't take a picture but they were little rectangular jellies dipped in dark chocolate. I will make them again and take a photo at that time.

Again, thanks to everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%