I Need A Little Wedding Cake Help...fondant Or Icing?

Decorating By Lovabledes Updated 20 Jan 2006 , 6:02pm by Lovabledes

Lovabledes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovabledes Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 9

I have a question??? I am taking Wilton cake class Course3, Well lastnight I had to do a cake with Fondant, and in 2 weeks I have to do a wedding cake, well I can either do the one in course 3 book or find one to do.......What is easier to do, one with fondant or one with icing......I'm not very good with flowers....What would be easier to do????? I'm thinking of doing the fondant one, but then I'm not sure.....I did buy me a wilton book on wedding cakes, I know my cake could ever look like one of those.... icon_lol.gif

Thanks
Betty icon_smile.gif

8 replies
wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 12:06am
post #2 of 9

How did you do with the fondant? Are you comfortable with it? I'd base my decision on how comfortable I was with the different mediums. Do you know what style of cake you're wanting to do? I'd say fondant is a lot more work. If you're doing a wedding cake for class, I'd not worry too much, just have fun, but if it's for an actual wedding do what is most comfortable. : )

Lovabledes Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 12:24am
post #3 of 9

it is for class....no I'm not ready to do a wedding cake for a real wedding...I be to scared and nervous.....lol......Fondant was fun, but it reminded me of playdough......I'm still trying to decided.....I will post my fondant cake later when I get it on my computer.......

I have a few days to think on what to do.......

thanks
Betty

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 12:31am
post #4 of 9

I think fondant is fun to work with too. If you had fun the last time you used it, it might be the way to go. If you have any cutters, making flowers with fondant can be even easier than doing them with buttercream or royal.

Lovabledes Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 12:44am
post #5 of 9

I thought it was fun, but alot of work......yes I made my first rose out of fondant, sort of looked interesting after I finished it......lol

I think since this is more the fondant way to go, I might just do that.....guess I better get on moving on my roses......lol

Betty

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 6:39am
post #6 of 9

Fondant gets easier every time you do it the first time is always the hardest. Practice your roses often and you will get it. Good luck you can do it. thumbs_up.gif

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 9

Be sure to post your finished cake here for all to see! Good luck to you. : )

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 9

icon_smile.gif FOndant, Fondant , Fondant........ icon_biggrin.gif

Lovabledes Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks...I decided to go with fondant...I started making my roses and leaves.......I know it is 2 weeks away, but I know how time flys....It goes by like no tomorrow..... icon_lol.gif

Thank you all

Betty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%