chixbaby27 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:55pm
post #1 of

I've been lurking and reading back messages for a few weeks now. This place is wonderful!

I have always been interested in cake decorating and finally have been taking the Wilton classes. We are starting our Course 2 classes this week.

I live in GA.

Can't wait to start posting here!

icon_smile.gif

~Juli

33 replies
thecakemaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:56pm
post #2 of

That's great! Welcome Juli! You'll love it here!

Debbie

Mchelle Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:58pm
post #3 of

Hello Chixbaby27, I'm in GA too. Welcome to the forum!

AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:01pm
post #4 of

Welcome
I'm from GA as well. You'll love this forum. I haven't been a member long and I'm already hooked.

Lisa Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:07pm
post #5 of

Hi Julie...glad you decide to join us!

momof3jotynjake Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:15pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixbaby27

I've been lurking and reading back messages for a few weeks now. This place is wonderful!

I have always been interested in cake decorating and finally have been taking the Wilton classes. We are starting our Course 2 classes this week.

I live in GA.

Can't wait to start posting here!

icon_smile.gif

~Juli




HELLO! IM A PRETTY NEW POSTER MYSELF ALSO icon_smile.gif. ... HOW WAS THE CLASS? IM TAKING COURSE 1 STARTING TOMORROW. WHAT DID YOU LEARN??

thecakemaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:17pm
post #7 of

Welcome to you too then momof3jotynjake!

Debbie

chixbaby27 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:30pm
post #8 of

Thanks everyone!

Momof3 ~ I learned more than I expected! How to ice a cake smooth...roses, borders, several other flowers, character cakes. It was a whole lot of fun! I hope course 2 is as much fun.

montanakate Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:37pm
post #9 of

Welcome to the site! You'll find that it is soooooo addictive. Not to mention all the great advice. Feel free to ask questions, they always seem to bring up great info from everyone. Again, welcome. Montanakate

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:40pm

Welcome Juli We're glad you stopped lurking and decided to join the party!
icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Joe

momof3jotynjake Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:42pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixbaby27

Thanks everyone!

Momof3 ~ I learned more than I expected! How to ice a cake smooth...roses, borders, several other flowers, character cakes. It was a whole lot of fun! I hope course 2 is as much fun.




I WAS ASKED TO DO A 50TH ANNIVERSARY CAKE!! MY 1ST ORDER! YOU THINK I WILL LEARN ENOUGH TO MAKE A NICE LOOKING CAKE?

momof3jotynjake Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:43pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanakate

Welcome to the site! You'll find that it is soooooo addictive. Not to mention all the great advice. Feel free to ask questions, they always seem to bring up great info from everyone. Again, welcome. Montanakate




YEP!! IM ALLLLL READY ADDICTED !! lol MY HUBBY LAUGHS AT ME!! HE SAYS YOUR ON THERE AGAIN!! LMFAO!!

briansbaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:58pm

chixbaby27
momof3jotynjake

Welcome to our addiction!! Can't wait to see chixbaby27 your final wilton course cake and you momof3jotynjake that 50 anniversary cake..
Good Luck!

melissablack Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:25pm

Welcome to the site!

I haven't posted here much 'cause I haven't been making a lot of cakes lately, but it is a great site, and everyone here is so incredibly helpful!

A couple ladies really went out of their way to e-mail me pics and directions for cakes I wanted to make. I hope you enjoy posting here!

Melissa icon_smile.gif

momof3jotynjake Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:28pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

chixbaby27
momof3jotynjake

Welcome to our addiction!! Can't wait to see chixbaby27 your final wilton course cake and you momof3jotynjake that 50 anniversary cake..
Good Luck!





YOU GET TO MAKE A FINAL CAKE FOR WILTON COURSE?? THAT IS AWESOME!!!

CarolAnn Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:26pm

Welcome newbies!! You'll learn a lot here. Remember to post your pics. Can't wait to see them!!

MrsMissey Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:26pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixbaby27

I've been lurking and reading back messages for a few weeks now. This place is wonderful!

I have always been interested in cake decorating and finally have been taking the Wilton classes. We are starting our Course 2 classes this week.

I live in GA.

Can't wait to start posting here!

icon_smile.gif

~Juli




Let me join the Welcoming Committee icon_biggrin.gif and say that I'm glad you are on board with the rest of us cake addicts! You too will be hooked in no time!!

Hershey17 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:30pm

Welcome to the forum! icon_smile.gif
You'll meet lots of great people here!
Can't wait to see some of your cakes!

m0use Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:37pm

Welcome!
LL

tcturtleshell Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:13am

WELCOME!!

I've already met mommyof3~ thumbs_up.gif

Each Wilton course has a finaly cake! icon_smile.gif You will be so excited to do each one! In the last course you will be doing a 2 tiered cake. 2nd course a basketweave cake, 1st course a cake w/ the roses you've learned how to do! It's so much fun!! thumbs_up.gif

GOOD LUCK TO THE BOTH OF YOU!! icon_smile.gif Make sure you take pics of all your cakes!!!! Then you will look back one day & feel so good about yourself!!! Oh & post them pics for us to see!! thumbs_up.gif

~TC~

christina Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:22am

I haven't been visiting very long too but I looovvvee this site. I used an idea that someone had posted in the gallery for a baby shower and it was a hit! I'm in Newnan, Ga. Way to go Georgia Peaches. I drive my husband crazy with the cake baking. It's nice to talk to people with the same crazy cake passion!
I took the Wilton's class last year and I loved it! Good Luck with the classes!

PureShugga Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:46am

WELCOME ALL!!!!!!!! HOW DO?????? I'm from Missouri and I have a southern accent - so bear with my posts - my accent tries to pop through the internet barrier.

chixbaby27 Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 12:35pm

I did a single layer cake for each of the classes in course 1 (with the exception of the first one), and decorated it. DH loved taking them to work with him the next day. icon_smile.gif

You have a final cake for each of the 3 courses, as I understand it. I'm looking forward to course 3 and haven't even started course 2 yet!

I think you'd be able to do a 50th Anniversary cake with what you learn in course 1. My sister and I, after just 3 classes in course 1, did cakes for a bake sale to benefit the American Red Cross, and our cakes went for 3-4 times what the other cakes did, that were just plainly frosted.

momof3jotynjake Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:25pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixbaby27

I did a single layer cake for each of the classes in course 1 (with the exception of the first one), and decorated it. DH loved taking them to work with him the next day. icon_smile.gif

You have a final cake for each of the 3 courses, as I understand it. I'm looking forward to course 3 and haven't even started course 2 yet!

I think you'd be able to do a 50th Anniversary cake with what you learn in course 1. My sister and I, after just 3 classes in course 1, did cakes for a bake sale to benefit the American Red Cross, and our cakes went for 3-4 times what the other cakes did, that were just plainly frosted.




COOL!! IM SOO EXCITED! TONITE IS MY 1ST CLASS!!! icon_biggrin.gif
I CANT WAIT!! I HEAR YOU DONT DO ANTHING IN THE 1ST CLASS THOUGH, JUST TAKE NOTES? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!!!
icon_lol.gif

chixbaby27 Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:27pm

Yeah, the first night is just taking notes and the instructor telling what to bring to the next class. You'll also get an overview of the classes.

It's still fun! icon_smile.gif

Our teacher had a little cake with her and she demonstrated everything that we eventually learned.

Have fun in your class!!!

flayvurdfun Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:36pm

Glad to have you aboard....you know how people say misery loves company???? well cakecentral addiction does too!

diane Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:25pm

well, since there's been so many new folks on board, let me say hi, and welcome to you all. i need to do some catching up 'cause i've been away for a while. busy, busy, busy!! icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 11:34pm

PureShugga...

Don't worry about your accent!!!! I can understand you just fine!! My southern accent is bad too!!

Something funny... until people learn where I'm from they think I'm from NY!!!! I'm not cajun I'm just a country girl. There are a lot of different accents in La. I guess I have picked up a little of it all!! Plus I'm a military brat... I pick up other peoples way of talking easy! See didn't that sound country! LOL!!
~TC~

PureShugga Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 1:52am

Hahaha - I just can't help it! I find myself typing words that arn't real, but it's the way I talk - I find myself backspacing a lot - taking up too much time so I guess I'll just go with the flow and let it happen! I'm a country girl too!

cakemommy Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 2:02am

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the most fun you'll ever have!!!!!!!!!!!!


Amy icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%