Amazing Mold Putty Question

Decorating By hamlove Updated 18 Feb 2015 , 8:33pm by HamSquad

hamlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamlove Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 4:09am
post #1 of 13

I bought a pack of this putty to make molds, it does say food safe. After I make a mold can I melt this back down or does it stay the mold I make. Any other type putty I can buy from micheals craft store or is this a good one. Thank you all. icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 4:12am
post #2 of 13

i've never used it, but here's a bump for ya.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 5:04am
post #3 of 13

From the description i see on various websites, it's a one off thing. Haven't used it yet, but usually if you have to mix 2 components together, it does mean it's one off

nelly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelly27 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 5:39am
post #4 of 13

i have just got something called casting gel
you heat it up in the microwave and place an object in it and it makes a great mould
you can put it back in the bottle and reheat it to form anothe rif your finished with that mould
dont know what it called over there , as im in australia
could always post it too you, if you like

hamlove Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 5:43am
post #5 of 13

If anyone knows what kind of molding supply that can be reused I can buy from micheals please let me know. Thanks a million

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 6:27am
post #6 of 13

No it cannot be reused by melting. I have several molds that I made that I still use. There are no products that you can purchase like this at Michaels. You need to order from specialty suc as Sweet Celebrations.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 13

Here's a link to the Elastack that MaryAnn mentioned above--looks neat.

http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/RUBBERS/Elastack.php

http://www.sweetc.com/ go to preview page 69

Rae

hamlove Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 7:59am
post #8 of 13

what is elastack molds. How do you use it and how are you able to do more than one mold. Any info on this would help alot. Thanks

hamlove Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 13

bump!!!

Baking Betty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Betty Posted 18 Feb 2015 , 4:18pm
post #10 of 13

AWhat brand of molding putty or gel is best for mold making? I want to make Scrabble tile molds for use with chocolate.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 18 Feb 2015 , 8:03pm
post #11 of 13

AOnce Amazing Mold Putty has the two components mixed (yellow) and the (white), it will cure or becomes solid. It can not be melted and reused. There is ComposiMold, it can be found on-line at Joann Fabric. They have a food grade version. It can be melted and reused. Also look here on Cake Central for a version of a reusable molding product created by a wonderful member. I hope this helps. I have experimented with both ComposiMold and Amazing Mold Putty. Best Wishes

Baking Betty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Betty Posted 18 Feb 2015 , 8:30pm
post #12 of 13

AThank you!!

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 18 Feb 2015 , 8:33pm
post #13 of 13

AI just found this: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/8-ounce-red-amazing-remelt-1026558/ I did not know about this product! A new toy to experiment with! This is food-grade also!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%