talking_head Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:33pm
post #1 of

I saw some fantastic cakes on thisnsite that use oreo cookie cream filling. This sounds totally yummy.. Can anybody please share recipes?

22 replies
CranberryClo Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:35pm
post #2 of

I don't have a recipe but I simply crushed up about 10-12 Oreos (not too fine) and mixed them in with some regular buttercream. I've also done it with chocolate buttercream. Both were delicious!

MrsMissey Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:39pm
post #3 of

Here you go:

Cookies and Cream
whimsical bakehouse cookbook

-in the bowl of an electric mixer at high speed, whip until stiff:
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

-gently fold in by hand:
20 chocolate sandwich cookies/Oreos, crushed into medium pieces
Yield 6 cups.

JennT Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:41pm
post #4 of

Whimsical Bakehouse Cookies & Cream Filling

2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
20 oreo cookies, crushed/broken into medium to small pieces

Whip the cream, powdered sugar & vanilla until stiff. Fold in cookie pieces.

This is really easy & yummy!

COLIEB Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:42pm
post #5 of

That is the recipe I just copied down from this site recently. It sounds scrumptious. Have the recipe sitting on my counter for my next cake. I have just added crushed cookies to BC also and that was dangerous also. Haa!

JennT Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:54pm
post #6 of

HA! icon_lol.gif MrsMissey...you must have clicked submit just as I clicked post reply...lol icon_lol.gif sorry for posting the same thing icon_redface.gif

mommymarilyn Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:58pm
post #7 of

I discovered Cookies-n-Cream pudding this past weekend - used as a filling in a devils' food chocolate cake yesterday - it was YUMMY!!! And so easy!

ps3884 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 4:58pm
post #8 of

I have also used the Whimsical Bakehouse recipe. Another one I like is:

1 box of instant vanilla pudding
2 cups heavy whipping cream
Crushed Oreos

I just follow the directions on the pudding box substituting the heavy cream in place of regular milk and then fold in crushed/broken oreos.

HTH

melissablack Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 5:52pm
post #9 of

That looks like the recipe I posted in the recipe section... I didn't know it was a Whimsical Bakehouse recipe... not sure what that is, I just got it from a recipe swap site that I go on. It's SOOO yummy!

Melissa icon_smile.gif

ps3884 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:09pm

Sorry, I was rushing before and didn't give the right directions ( I don't remember how to edit my post - I'll have to look into that)

When I make the cookies & cream filling with pudding I mix/whip it as you would heavy whipping cream and then once stiff, I fold in the crushed/broken oreos.

HTH

JamieL Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:10pm

Just want to add my thumbs up on the cookies and cream recipe from Whimsical Bakehouse--it's my absolute favorite filling and always gets great reviews!!

talking_head Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 7:48pm

Thankyou for sharing. Will definately try it for a valentine's day cake for my husband

icon_smile.gif

melony1976 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 8:04pm

This sounds yummy with a chocolate cake. What other types of cake have you all tried? I'd really love to know.

cande Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 8:50pm

I love this filling too, but I do it slightly different. I take out the oreo filling (the white stuff in the middle) before crushing them. It saves a whole lot of calories and fat grams, but tastes just as delicious.

When I'm at home, I just buy the pre-crushed oreos--the white filling isn't in there and it saves time. But here you can't get it (or oreos very easily for that matter).

melony1976 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 11:06pm

icon_eek.gif Take out the white stuff in the middle. icon_eek.gif Thats just a sin. Thats the best part of the cookie. Calories and fat grams is the best part of the cake. SMH, lol I'm j/k I'm sure its great both ways. icon_biggrin.gif

YumFrosting Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 11:11pm

Does the cake need to be refrigerated when you use the Whimsical Bakehouse oreo filling? I know it has cream in it, but ganache has cream in it, and doesn't need to be refrigerated. So what's the verdict?

cat121481 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 11:21pm

i'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I would love to have this recipe. if you don't mind sharing?

cande Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:04am
Quote:
Originally Posted by melony1976

icon_eek.gif Take out the white stuff in the middle. icon_eek.gif Thats just a sin.

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif rothfl icon_lol.gif

My DH says the same thing, but her never knew all these years that I take it out until I asked him to crush the oreos one day recently for me when I was running late. He saw that the cookies were separated and thought I'd eaten all of the white out of them icon_confused.gif , lmao. I always buy the double-stuffed for him, but I can't stand the middle part. To me it just tastes like a big ball of sweet grease, blah!!

cande Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:06am

cat121481-click on page one of this thread and scroll down. There's several recipes posted icon_biggrin.gif

mvucic Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:15am
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumFrosting

Does the cake need to be refrigerated when you use the Whimsical Bakehouse oreo filling? I know it has cream in it, but ganache has cream in it, and doesn't need to be refrigerated. So what's the verdict?

I've made it a few times. I think it needs to be refrigerated because of the cream.

Speaking of cream, the cream (Nutriwhip) I used in Canada whipped up a huge amount, and I only made half of the Cookies and Cream recipe. Anyone know of a similar brand in the US that whips up really thick? I've tried a few in the grocery store, but they end up to watery. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Mirjana

loriemoms Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 2:37pm

This does look good and I have asked my son if he wants it for his 9th birthday party next month! He went Oh yeahhh! (I am going to try to make a yu gi oh cake)

Is the filling thick?

sofiasmami Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:27pm

can't wait to try it

parismom Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 2:47am

Oh wow, cookies and cream frosting sounds sooooo yum!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%