Stupid Martha Stewart

Decorating By Alien_Sunset Updated 6 Feb 2006 , 4:23am by JennT

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 5 Feb 2006 , 6:03pm
post #61 of 66

Alien....why didn't you just write to MSL and tell them they have made a mistake?

I can't believe the insults that are flying. thumbsdown.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 2:43am
post #62 of 66

Wow, this was an entertaining thread that didn't have anything much to do about the original post icon_smile.gif (which by the way I can't even answer because I have no idea due to my lack of skills)

But, in an effort to join in on the fun, here....I don't think we should dissect Martha. She has an image that people just can't wait to find fault with. And yes, that happens when your claim to fame hinges on being perfect on what you do. Whatever you say, she is VERY talented in MANY areas. I would be happy if I could be a perfect cook and baker. Never mind organizing my house and landscaping my garden and making my own wrapping paper after color coordinating my office.

Yeah, she has a staff, but guess what...she knows what she's doing. And she is an amazing woman.

And guess what, it is not the world's job to keep up with U.S. pop culture, or its celebrities...tackling our politics is amusing enough. So, no, it's not so unheard of that someone doesn't have any knowledge of, or care about for that matter, an American icon. How many foreign celebrities do we know well???

Okay, so, back to cakes...has anyone tried Martha's hot milk cake. I see it has a great rating, but I'm curious on some comments. icon_wink.gif

Angie

Edited for spelling

Alien_Sunset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alien_Sunset Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 3:53am
post #63 of 66

adven68, if you notice, I haven't participated in any of the resulting discussion about Martha.

I initially made it to blow off some steam, and most of it was tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I was more angry at myself than Martha. I'm a trained chef and I should have noticed, but wasn't paying attention and as a result got myself in trouble with the cake. After looking at the recipe again, I think squirelycakes had the right idea, it was initially written to avoid torting, so it wasn't really a mistake in the recipe.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 4:02am
post #64 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Sunset

adven68, if you notice, I haven't participated in any of the resulting discussion about Martha.

I guess when you're posting, you should think about how everyone will read it. I don't know how you meant to say it because I don't know you. I'm sure it was in jest, now that you've said so, but it was shocking nonetheless. What I didn't like was what developed from it (not necessarily any fault of your own). Too many insults and apparent hurt feelings. Everybody should take a chill and a moment to consider how a stranger will react to their comment.

This is a site for learning and sharing...not Martha bashing, praising, worshiping or hating. There are PLENTY of other sites for arguing politically and socially. I just want this place to remain the friendly environment it has always been. icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 4:16am
post #65 of 66

I think what happened here is that the issue was more or less resolved with apologies forthcoming but because people don't necessarily notice the dates of posts or read all of the posts within a thread, it got re-opened.
It happens sometimes, we don't always check the dates of threads or read all of the pages. People that miss something when it was new, respond afterwards because they have an opinion. I think we had a "Group Hug" on this one, but hey, you can never have too many of those, so "Group Hug" once again anyone?
Hugs Squirrelly

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 4:23am
post #66 of 66

*squeeze* icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%