Are People Really This Stupid?

Decorating By Candy120 Updated 9 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm by Hawkette

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 4:40am
post #211 of 539

ok, I am having soooo much fun reading these, and I have to fink on my daughter!!! At the time she was 16, yes 16. She was home alone baking cupcakes, and hubby and I was out eating dinner, and she calls on the cell phone telling her daddy she has a question about making cupcakes, well she reads take half the batter and place into another bowl, and her question is WHAT IS THE BATTER????????? Needless to say, we told her to STOP cooking until we got home!!!! She is 21 now and we tell that story to EVERYONE and she turns red every time!! LOL!!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 11:47am
post #212 of 539

My dentist told me about his daughter making brownies. The recipe called for 1 tsp. of salt. She thought it read 1 CUP of salt. He didn't have to add that nobody ate those brownies!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 2:38am
post #213 of 539

maybe the stupidity of these people has something to do with the name of the town you live in: (ehem.....dumas????)

icon_smile.gif

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:12am
post #214 of 539

Okay, my stupidity was not cake related, but I will tell on myself anyways. When I was 13 I read that someone was from new york, new york. I said, how can that be? New york is a city. I didn't realize that there was a whold state named New York. I kid you not. Of course NOW I am not that dumb anymore. =) LOL....Geography still isn't my strong point though. My husband laughs at me ALL the time.

evesloven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evesloven Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:32am
post #215 of 539

Oh this thread is great!! I have a few to add: My mom is very scattered and sometimes doesn't think before she asks questions. I recently moved from Wisconsin to Arkansas with my fiance and I got this call from my mom: "Tiffany, I'm trying to type an email but I can't figure out how to put the spaces between the words"
I pause for a second and say "are you serious?"
Her: "Yes, how do I put the spaces in?"
ME: "UUmm..you hit the space bar mom"
Her: Pause...."Which one is the space bar?"
Me: Laughing...."The longest key at the bottom of the keyboard."
Her: Pause.............."There are lots of long keys" .
Me: I'm laugin my as* off now..."Mom it's the longest key out of all of them."
Her: I hear clicking ... "Oh! There it is, would you look at that!"
LOL.. I kid you not! The funniest thing...she types up memos and letters on her computer all the time..but email just seemed so much "BIGGER and FANCIER" lol.

Another one: My sister was making chala bread for shabat and she couldn't figure out why the bread was falling apart...totally crumbly. Finally she looks at the bag and realized she used masa instead of flour! LOL..She's 17 and totally failed to read the bag. LOL.

One on me: We ate dinner at Outback Steakhouse tonight. We noticed that the man holes around the restaurant were overflowing with backed up water pipes...it looked like the woman's bathroom was having pipe problems. Anyway, we went in and looked around and everything was in perfect cleanliness and working order with the exception of the woman's bathroom. So we had dinner, paid, left tip, then went to the car to get home. My parking spot was right in front of where the Roto Rooter guys parked their van to unload their tools. So I proceed to back out till almost hitting the van, then pull forward...then back up a little more, than inch forward and I'm SOO proud of myself for making it out without hitting anyone...only to find that there was nothing in front of me to keep me from driving straight into the parking lot of an adjacent restaurant.....I could have just pulled straight out onto the street. My finace was laughing his head off. icon_smile.gif

Candy120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy120 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:55am
post #216 of 539

I feel kind of insulted that you think that since the name of the town that I live in Dumas, that makes me what? Stupid?? It's pronounced DEW-mus.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:59am
post #217 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy120

I feel kind of insulted that you think that since the name of the town that I live in Dumas, that makes me what? Stupid?? It's pronounced DEW-mus.

I guess I'm stupid because I didn't understand that statement that she made anyway.

Diane

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:00am
post #218 of 539
Quote:

Ahhhhhwww- they were just trying to be funny! Of course they don't think that!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:14am
post #219 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn123

Quote:

Ahhhhhwww- they were just trying to be funny! Of course they don't think that!

yeah, no kidding. thought that was obvious.

evesloven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evesloven Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:28am
post #220 of 539

Stereotypes/opinions and all that. LOL... Blondes get the brunt of it. LOL..But I'm here to attest to the fact that brunettes are just as ummm..ditzy. icon_smile.gif LOL... I came from a town with a regular name...I don't think that has anything to do with it or I'd be SOOO much differen than I am now. LOL icon_smile.gif I don't think anyone was trying to imply you are stupid Candy120. icon_smile.gif It's just a joking thread. icon_smile.gif

Candy120 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:33am
post #221 of 539

OK, sorry icon_sad.gif ...I just took it the wrong way...maybe I need to get some sleep. Sorry I was being a baby!! icon_redface.gif

Let's hear some more stories!! thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:33am
post #222 of 539

I have a computer related story...
My BIL is not what you would call technical-minded. He called his brother for help one day doing something on the computer.
BIL - now what do i do
Bro - right click on it
BIL - nothing happened
Bro - well, did you right click?
BIL - YES! I'm clicking everything with my right hand!!

He hasn't lived this one down yet.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:39am
post #223 of 539
Quote:

I had a lady call me and ask me what time she needed to pick up her cake. I told her about 10 a.m. She said "are you going to bake it Friday night or Saturday morning?" I said, "well, since you are going to pick it up at 10 a.m. Sat. that means that I will do it on Friday." She asked if there was any way that I could bake and decorate it on Saturday morning and still come after it at 10. I told her that I don't get up that early. She said, "well, good grief, how long does it take to decorate a cake anyway?" Are people really this stupid or was she just a "special" person????

And then I had a lady call and say "How many pieces does your 24 piece cake serve?" Slowly I said, "twenty-four"...and then she asked how many pieces the 36 piece cake serves, again I slowly said, "thirty-six" and she then she said "how many does your 54 piece serve?" I said, "are you serious??" she said, "yes, I am trying to figure out how big of a cake I need and I am writing this down"...ok!! Then she said, "well, what if I don't want any left over?" I said, "cut the pieces bigger"...she said, "can I do that?"

Have you ever had someone call and say, "I want a cake just like the one you did for my son three years ago." I said, "well, you are going to have to help me out a little bit with this one, cuz I don't remember what I did." She said, "well, I don't remember either, I thought maybe you would"...WHY DO icon_eek.gif The more I deal with people the better I like my dogs!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

I remember when I had to do a cake for a woman. I told her that I will bake and decorate it the day before. She said she wanted it fresh! So I told her that you have to wait for the cake to cool in order to decorate it and decorating a cake takes time. Well, my other friend said that this person likes to eat cake right after it is baked

icon_surprised.gif ! Well I did it my way and she loves my cakes. Some people don't have a cue.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:43am
post #224 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

I deal with that kind of person every day....It's called "husband"
"Honey, I need my uniform done. I have no socks. You didn't take any meat out for dinner. blah blah blah." Now you know ladies all know he knows where and how to do his laudry and to take meat out of the freezer. Yet the dumbas@ will waste my time to ask me a stupid question.

Gotta love em even if they drive you crazy!!! icon_razz.gif

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:20am
post #225 of 539

these are too funny! i could probably tell a million stories about my ditzy family, including myself. here's a cake related one: my cousin (probably about 17 at the time) decided to bake a cake. my aunt walked in to find her with her whole hand down in the batter. she asked, "what are you doing?" she replies, "what, it says mix by hand!"

mookey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mookey Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:31am
post #226 of 539

thought i would throw one in... my friend was wanting to go see the blue angels at the pensecola civic center. i love my friend, but sometimes she is not so bright. she called me very upset because the lady that answered when she called to ask if the air show was indoors or outdoors, laughed at her.she said she needed to know if she needed to bring a blanket and chairs.she got even more upset when i started laughing. i told her to think about how the air show be inside? still didnt get it. i said "sweetie, do you think the planes could fly inside?.. " needless to say she did realize, and was very embarassed. i really worry about her sometimes....

rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 12:32pm
post #227 of 539

Candy120 and everyone else.....I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY about the dumas comment. I ONLY meant it to be funny since it kinda looks like (dumb...you know what). And when I said "people being stupid" I was ONLY referring to the people who were calling you. NOT the wonderful people here in CC.

Please....forgive me if I offended. It's NOT how I meant it at ALL! Just trying to be funny!

Candy120 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:05pm
post #228 of 539

You know what...I DID think you were calling ME stupid...I didn't think about the ones that were CALLING!!! icon_redface.gif Now I feel really ....stupid....Thanks for pointing that out to me...and you know what...NOW you are right!!! thumbs_up.gif

So let's get on with the PARTY!!!!

rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:22pm
post #229 of 539

mookey....that has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard! An air show INSIDE! I wanna go to one of those!
Did your friend do some serious drugs when she was younger? I have a friend like that....but my friend rarely comes around to seeing reality after it's pointed out to her. I blame it on the short time she did drugs!
So glad I never tried them!

rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:27pm
post #230 of 539

mookey....that has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard! An air show INSIDE! I wanna go to one of those!
Did your friend do some serious drugs when she was younger? I have a friend like that....but my friend rarely comes around to seeing reality after it's pointed out to her. I blame it on the short time she did drugs!
So glad I never tried them!

mookey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mookey Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 2:48pm
post #231 of 539

no drugs, just very very ditzy. i honestly though cant say thats the stupidest thing she's ever done though...lol. just one of the funniest ones.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:01pm
post #232 of 539

Okay, okay, okay I have to add one.

I live in Minnesota. We have a great freeway system which has sound barriers on either side of the roads. They can run for miles. They are constructed of cement and/or wood and can rise up to 20 feet. Just think very large partition brick wall. Anyway, one summer I was working with a women that just moved from one of the warmer states, Georgia or possibly one of the Carolinas, but either way she had not experienced one of Minnesotas infamous winters yet. One day as we were driving to a luncheon appointment and I said something like, oh look at the new bushes that DOT (department of transportation) planted next to the sound barrier.

Incredulously she said, Sound Barrier? And I said yes, over there look.

Now remember, she had heard about our winters but not experienced one, she said to me, sound barriers, I thought they were walls to help keep out the snow.

I almost drove off the freeway, and then asked her how would Mother Nature make it snow in the neighborhoods but not on the freeways?

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:16pm
post #233 of 539

These stories are awesomeicon_biggrin.gif I was up all night reading and had to continue this morningicon_razz.gif

I've got a couple...

a few weeks ago, my mom was in taking a bath in her big soaker tub and I was in her living room watching tv with dad. Suddenly, I hear her frantically yelling my name. My dad and I both look at each other and I ran in there. The water wouldn't turn off in the bathtub (it was a broken valve). She said, "Jenny! We've got to get this water turned off before it overflows! There aren't any overflow drains in this tub!" I said, "mom...you do realize you can pop open the main drain...right?" She was like...."oh icon_redface.gif " We ended up having to turn off the main water to the house so dad could get under the tub and fix the valve. It's just funny thinking of the site of her naked, frantically trying to turn off the water like that lol.

Also, I used to work as a waitress at a Mexican restaurant. It was closing time and we had one of those tables of people that came in at the last minute. They took their time and then, when the kitchen was pretty much all closed up, they ordered dessert: Ice cream nachos. Now, the nachos were already gone so the waiter said that he could get them the ice cream with cinnamon/sugar on it but just that we didn't have nachos. They were fine with that so he went back to put it together. He couldn't find the cinnamon/sugar shaker so asked one of the cooks where it was, "back shelf" ok...well, as it turned out, he grabbed the wrong shaker. There was an identical shaker that contained meat tenderizer. The customer was POed and I don't blame him but wow, that server must have felt stupid! yuck!

niquealodeon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niquealodeon Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 11:16pm
post #234 of 539

lol ok I have to tell another one, this time on myself that just happened two days ago. I was at my friends house and when I had walked in I had put my things down on her table. She was giving me a paper that she wanted me to read and I was in the kitchen so she said, "I put it on top of your phone." I came in the room because I hadnt heard what she said and she repeated, "I put it on top of your phone." I looked at the phone and said "okay" and then instantly and SERIOUSLY I looked at her and started feeling my pockets and said "did I bring my phone in here?" She just stared at me icon_eek.gif and said very slowly, "I...put...it...on...YOUR...PHONE". icon_confused.gif We were laughing hysterically. It was just one of those lost moments.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 11:35pm
post #235 of 539

Here's one on me: I was taking the trash to the curb and since it was a chilly day, I dropped the trash bag on the curb then began running up the driveway back to the house. It was while I was RUNNING that I discovered I had forgotten to put my bra on that morning! How in the world do ya forget to do that! Thank god I discovered it before I got to the office. (I'm at the age where I'm not one those pretty young things who look good bra-less! I mean, geesh, it would have been a close call to determine if it was my boob or my belly-button that was itching!)

KittyPTerror Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyPTerror Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 10:57pm
post #236 of 539

A very dear friend of mine does not cook often and is not as dumb as this story makes him sound...That being said...He and another unfortunate friend went to the store to get the ingredients to make a recipe. They found everything they needed except for the final ingredient which neither of them had ever heard of. They asked one of the workers in the store if she knew where they could find four cups of yield. AND THEN the woman told them she thought it was on the baking aisle!!!

Another one I heard recently almost killed me. A woman told me that her daughter's 9th grade English teacher told the class, "People in the Renaissance had difficult lives because they had to watch out for dinosaurs." icon_eek.gif

lionladydi Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:07am
post #237 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPTerror

A very dear friend of mine does not cook often and is not as dumb as this story makes him sound...That being said...He and another unfortunate friend went to the store to get the ingredients to make a recipe. They found everything they needed except for the final ingredient which neither of them had ever heard of. They asked one of the workers in the store if she knew where they could find four cups of yield. AND THEN the woman told them she thought it was on the baking aisle!!!

Another one I heard recently almost killed me. A woman told me that her daughter's 9th grade English teacher told the class, "People in the Renaissance had difficult lives because they had to watch out for dinosaurs." icon_eek.gif

I guess I am stupider than your friend because I don't get it.

Diane

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:11am
post #238 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

....I guess I am stupider than your friend because I don't get it. Diane

you dont' get the yield part or the dinosaur part?

lionladydi Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:14am
post #239 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

....I guess I am stupider than your friend because I don't get it. Diane

you dont' get the yield part or the dinosaur part?

The yield.

Diane

KittyPTerror Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyPTerror Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:20am
post #240 of 539

I'm sorry- it was my wording that was unclear...The bottom of the recipe said, "Yield: 4 cups." He thought it was an ingredient when it was really the amount the recipe made.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%