Would A Buttercream Transfer Work If......

Decorating By vetty Updated 17 Jan 2006 , 2:39pm by llee815

vetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vetty Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 6:28am
post #1 of 4

I edge the transfer, but not cover the back with another layer of icing? I am trying to avoid making the transfer look so thick. Has anybody tried this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

3 replies
llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 6:58am
post #2 of 4

I've read that other people don't put the extra layer of BC on. They don't like it being so thick either. From what I've read, they have no problems with it and even like it better.

BklynSuze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BklynSuze Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 4

i didn't on my last one..only problem I ran into was it thaws almost instantly though so make sure you are ready to place it on your cake as soon as it comes out of the freeze..Mine didn't want to come away from the wax paper in some spots so I just improvised and touched up where need be..In my case though I had to take my transfer from kitchen to dining room then waited a couple seconds too long to place it so it was totally thawed by the time i tried to get the wax paper off it. I definately prefered the thickness of this way better though,.,abd because it was thinner there was no need to pipe and outline around it..

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 4

I've also read how some people press their transfer into the cake so the thickness isn't so evident.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%