Need Opinions Please...

Decorating By nashsmom Updated 4 Apr 2005 , 10:48pm by m0use

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 19

Are the balloons too big for this cake? Sometimes I think yes, then I think no. Can't make up my mind. It is going tomorrow to my friend's for her daughter. Image

18 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 19

No! i think that looks great! i like those balloons! the cake looks great also!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 19

If you hadn't of asked I wouldn't have thought Those balloons are too big. I think it might look better though if you used the smaller balloons--water balloon size. I'm like you...I keep looking and thinking No, their okay. I think I'd have to see it with the smaller balloons to decide for sure. I don't think I'm any help at all on this--LOL!

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

If you hadn't of asked I wouldn't have thought Those balloons are too big. I think it might look better though if you used the smaller balloons--water balloon size. I'm like you...I keep looking and thinking No, their okay. I think I'd have to see it with the smaller balloons to decide for sure. I don't think I'm any help at all on this--LOL!

I too would use the smaller balloons water size I think that is going to look better. right now all you see is balloons and you have taken from your cake..

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 19

I think they're ok like that.

Joe

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 19

I would use the smaller balloons. Your cake is so lovely - the big balloons just hide it. Sometimes big is not always better. Think of the balloons as accessories - not focal points. icon_smile.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 19

BJ, good way of saying it. I think too that the cake is not being noticed first. The first thing you see are balloons. Although that is a nice touch, I never would have thought to add balloons to a cake.. I would go with the smaller balloons though.. Great Job!!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 19

Personally I think the balloons overwhelm the cake and detract from it's beauty. Try using smaller balloons or instead of anchoring that close to the cake let Them float slightly above and see how that works.

Princess princess.gif

Ivana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivana Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 19

Great job, balloons is a nice idea , although I would go with the smaller balloon, I think it migth look better. icon_smile.gif

nashsmom Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 19

Ok, I will go try smaller balloons. I think we have water balloons here somewhere...

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 11:14pm
post #11 of 19

Nice idea but they do take the focus off of the cake. A little smaller would look great!

Debbie

nashsmom Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 11:26pm
post #12 of 19

Well, now I am going to have to wait until tomorrow. The water balloons are in the camper which is packed up tight for winter storage and these balloons look funny if I blow them up smaller. We got hit with a snowstorm today, still a blizzard out there, so I am not going to the store. I'll have to take everything with me & try it there tomorrow. Thanks for your opinions! I really appreciate the input!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 2:49am
post #13 of 19

Nashsmom, I too think they should be smaller. The cake is very pretty! Great job!! ~TC~

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:02am
post #14 of 19

Bigger is better - I think they add a big wow factor to your great cake! Way to accessorize!!!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:13am
post #15 of 19

Since you've decided already I'll add my opinion...I'd go with smaller ones also. If you were to have the bigger ones in something like a vase off to the side they would be alright and not crowd the cake. You have done a great job on the cake!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:58am
post #16 of 19

A little smaller I think...just a little....I dont see your pretty cake as much.....

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:53pm
post #17 of 19

I agree that smaller balloons would probably look better. That cake is beautiful and needs to be the focus of the attention.

icon_smile.gif

~Juli

midwestmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmom Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:46pm
post #18 of 19

yes, i would use much smaller balloons. at first glance i see the balloons, not the cake. I don't think the ballons altogether should be larger than the cake. The cake looks great icon_smile.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:48pm
post #19 of 19

Good job on the cake- yes smaller in this case would be better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%