Please Help-Baseball Jersey Cake

Decorating By ge978 Updated 16 Jan 2006 , 3:42pm by ge978

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 8

Hi guys - I need help making a baseball jersey cake. I don't have the tshirt pan so I was wondering if anyone has done one of these or has ideas on how to do one. I can't seem to find any templates to use to shape the cake. The cake is for tomorrow and I was going to start it today...any help would be appreciated. Thanks

7 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 8

Sounds to me like you're gonna have to do some carving.....but don't worry, it is relatively easy. Draw a shirt outline on a peice of paper the size of your cake, cut it out and place your paper pattern on top of your cake (I'd use toothpicks to anchor it down) and cut around the pattern. Don't sweat the small stuff, sweety!

Debbi

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 8

You can use a sheet cake for the body. Cut a half circle or triangle out for the neck. Cut sleeves from another sheet cake. Use icing to stick the sleeves on so that it won't crack if the board flexes. Look at a real shirt or picture to add the details. Did you try a search for shirt or jersey in the gallery?

HTH
LL

ge978 Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you both for your help. I guess I shouldn't wait until the last minute to decide what kind of cake I'm going to do. My brain gets jumbled and I gorget how to do things icon_lol.gif If it turns out I'll be sure to post a picture.

Here's the finished product..thanks again for your help
LL

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 5:07am
post #5 of 8

I love the cake--you did a great job with the script Indians logo!

I can't wait for spring training to start and then regular season--I'm in withdrawal.

GO TRIBE icon_lol.gif
Rae
from Cleveland, OH
Home of the Cleveland Indians

ge978 Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the compliment BlakesCakes: I had a great time doing this one. We are Indians fans here too...lets hope for a great season!!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 8

Great job on the jersey and I love how you used the b/bs to print the name thumbs_up.gif

ge978 Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 3:42pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks Stephanie!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%