Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By jdelectables Updated 15 Jan 2006 , 4:17am by Sory

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 3:53am
post #1 of 4

Hi, all ~

Can I make a chocolate mmf? Anyone done this before? If not, does anyone have a recipe for chocolate fondant?

thanks,
Julie

3 replies
Sory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sory Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 4:50am
post #2 of 4

Hi, Julie!
Yes, you can make "Chocolate MMF". Here's a recipe I have. I've done it before and like it a lot, and tastes very good. Hope you like it.
If you have any questions you can "pm" me.
Good Luck!! thumbs_up.gif
Bye!
Sory.

Chocolate Fondant

This icing is rolled out and used as a covering for a firm cake such as pound or fruit cake, which is traditionally first covered with a layer of marzipan to seal in flavor and moistness of the cake. A light layer of buttercream or apricot glaze may also be used. Cakes covered with rolled fondant can be decorated with Royal or Buttercream Icing.

Ingredients:

White Ready-To-Use White Fondant (24 oz. package) or the MMF your making which is about 2 lbs. 5 ozs. (37 ozs.), for this only need 24 ozs. of your MMF.
1/2 cup light corn syrup
Brown or Black Icing Colors (optional)
14 oz. Dark Cocoa Candy Melts®*. I used baking semi-sweet chocolate bars.

Preparation:

Melt Candy Melts® following package directions. Add corn syrup; stir to blend.
Turn out mixture onto waxed paper; let stand at room temperature to dry and harden several hours. Wrap well and store at room temperature until ready to continue with recipe.
Knead small portions of candy mixture until soft and pliable. Knead softened mixture into fondant until smooth and evenly colored.
If darker color is desired, knead in icing color.

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much!!
Julie

Sory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sory Posted 15 Jan 2006 , 4:17am
post #4 of 4

Ohhh, thank you!! Anytime! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif
Bye!
Sory.

Quote by @%username% on %date%