March 2007 Cookie Club Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 31 Mar 2007 , 3:07am by darcat

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 5:30pm
post #91 of 156

Your lines on the hat and letters are so clean. Great job. I am sure spartan fans everywhere would adore them. =) Now all you other viewers, the month is half over already. Get busy bakin up some cookies. Feed my cookie addiction.........pullease!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 3:52am
post #92 of 156

Ok, it may be a stretch to some... but my interpretation is such...

1. I am 'mad' that this month's theme wasn't St. Patty's day. (Oh, I'm not really that mad... I just have to say that!)

2. Doing a bazillion of these at once is a mad idea!! I must have been mad to make them all today! (Plus several dozen baby cookies!)

Having said that...
LL
LL

Melvira Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 3:54am
post #93 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfl

Now all you other viewers, the month is half over already. Get busy bakin up some cookies. Feed my cookie addiction.........pullease!

Oh Freddy, you're incorrigible! icon_rolleyes.gif That's why we love you! icon_lol.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 11:48am
post #94 of 156

Nice cookies Melvira!. I love the swirls on them. Wow that's alot of cookies. You must be mad after all those. icon_biggrin.gif

I have some cookie dough in the fridge from last week not sure if it will still be good, but I'm gonna try and make some today.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 4:00pm
post #95 of 156

Melvira, GREAT cookies! I really like them! And oh boy, is that a ton of cookies or what?! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 10:23pm
post #96 of 156

You're telling me!! And I have several dozen more to do tonight! Argh! icon_wink.gif I love it though!

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:06am
post #97 of 156

I just have to say that all the cookies that have been posted so far look AWESOME!! I'm stuck up in the northeast this weekend, just HAPPENS to be during a storm... so maybe while I'm stuck here being "mad" I'll make some cookies! icon_lol.gif

-Jasmine

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 6:05am
post #98 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfl

Now all you other viewers, the month is half over already. Get busy bakin up some cookies. Feed my cookie addiction.........pullease!

Oh Freddy, you're incorrigible! icon_rolleyes.gif That's why we love you! icon_lol.gif

ahh shucks! icon_redface.gif They love me, they really REALLY love me. well, at least the mistress of the dark chocolate does. icon_lol.gif

Edited to say: thumbs_up.gif good job on the cookies Mel! I think I would go insane with all those cookies. Not to mention have no where to put them! You should have seen me juggling my cakes and cookies on Tuesday. Small kitchen, lots of small children everywhere, can't leave things unattended. I would bring cake layer into kitchen, pull cookies out of the oven, put both on the table in dining room, continue frosting cooled cookies, repeat. princess.gif Fairy Cakemother, where is my gourmet kitchen when I need one? icon_cry.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:47pm
post #99 of 156

WOW! I'm so impressed by everyone's cookies (and their interpretations of the theme)!!

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 6:31pm
post #100 of 156

Not many basketball fans here, obviously! I love those Spartan ones, amazingly smooth icing.

I made some pathetic shamrocks for a bake sale and didn't have time for icing, so I just used sprinkles. I frosted the ones for the family, but they are sloppy so not worth posting.

Caution about tinting your cookie dough dark green: it leaves a bad aftertaste!!! I was using "Magic Line" paste colors, similar to Wilton's. I've heard that only black and red leave a bad taste, other colors have usually worked out fine for me.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:48am
post #101 of 156

Awesome cookies so for folks...

I am waiting for more cookies. Don't be intimidated by this month's theme.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:08pm
post #102 of 156

Ok I woke up friday morning to the weather report that we were getting up to 30 cms of snow icon_surprised.gif and I asked myself what kind of madness is this? It's the middle of march I DONT want snow icon_cry.gif lol it's enough to drive me to drinking lol so what else would a mad irish women do but drink a green beer and on top of that this storm landed on st Patrick's day of all the nerve lol so I whipped up a dozen beers and gave the rest to dh to share with the guys at work since they work outside and figured they could use one to get through all this snow.

darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:09pm
post #103 of 156

hmmm it posted my message but not my image lol how do I put my pic plsssss

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:30pm
post #104 of 156

You've posted a picture on a thread before, haven't you? If so, your image was probably too big.
Go to this site and you can make them smaller.
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/resize.php

darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:40pm
post #105 of 156

nope never posted an image on a thread before so even someone can tell me how to I will give it a try tks

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:37pm
post #106 of 156

for us march is hockey playoff season. it's especially stressful since our youngest son is a goalie!!
LL

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:38pm
post #107 of 156

for us march is hockey playoff season. it's especially stressful since our youngest son is a goalie!!
LL

darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:46pm
post #108 of 156

ok giving this another try lol I'm gonna need another green beer or two after this.

darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:47pm
post #109 of 156

ok I'm getting very frustrated here lol I went up to reply to this topic posted my reply and clicked on add an attachment then it downloaded my pic and I clicked submit but it wont attach what am I doing wrong plsssssssssss

mis Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 4:26pm
post #110 of 156

Great hockey cookies kneadacookie. Love the detail on the masks.

darcat, I'll try and help, I haven't posted a pic to the thread in awhile. icon_biggrin.gif Does it tell you the pic is too big? Or what does it say after you hit post?

If the pic is the right size then you should be able to click add attachment click on browse and select your pic that you want to upload. Then you can preview before you hit submit. Most likely though your pic is to big.

darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:20pm
post #111 of 156

icon_cry.gif my pics are tooo big oh well I tried lol

darcat Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 6:31pm
post #112 of 156

wahooooo it works lol thank you 7yyrt for the link to that site I've resized it. Wow took me long enough think I need another beer lol March is just getting me mad all around. The lousy weather plus cabin fever yikes I'll be 50 pounds heavier come june if I keep eating all these beers lol
LL

mis Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 7:51pm
post #113 of 156

darcat, those look great. Glad you were able to get them to post. icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 8:33pm
post #114 of 156

Love the hockey, kneadacookie. Especially the red one...
Glad it worked, darcat. Great beers - the only kind I want. icon_biggrin.gif
I really like that shrink site and keep it bookmarked.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:41am
post #115 of 156

Great cookies everyone!

tayesmama Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:13am
post #116 of 156

And Zamode, have you overcome your zaxpoaphobia yet?!!!

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:10pm
post #117 of 156

What is Zaxapoaphobia!?

tayesmama Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:11pm
post #118 of 156

Fear of royal icing! LOL icon_lol.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:33am
post #119 of 156

OMG... ZAMODE is back!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 8:40pm
post #120 of 156

Here are my "March Madness" cookies. My March Madness is Passover preparations! The first cookie is a shopping bag full of special Passover foods (I've already spent hundreds of dollars between special baking supplies and food for the 8 days), and the second is a Chometz Bedikas set. As preparation for Passover you search by candlelight with a wooden spoon and feather for any bread (chometz) left in your house.

Kathi
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%