Carrot Cake Recipe

Baking By momof3jotynjake Updated 8 Apr 2005 , 9:43pm by cocakedecorator

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,,, anyone out there have a good Moist carrot cake recipe? And the ingrediants for the icing you use on top of it? (cream cheese icing?)
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 7

If you go into the recipes area on this site (second tab after the home tab) there are several carrot cake recipes posted along with some cream cheese receipes.
If you like lemon in your cream cheese icing I just found this off of the cake mix doctor's website.

Quote:
Quote:

Lemony White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 package (8 ounces)cream cheese, at room temperature

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon grated lemon zest

3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted

1. Place the white chocolate in a small glass bowl in the microwave oven on high power for 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the oven and stir with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula until it is smooth. Set the chocolate aside to cool.

2. Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and melted white chocolate, and blend on low speed until just combined, 30 seconds. Add the confectioners' sugar and blend on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, 30 seconds. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the frosting is fluffy, 1 minute or more.

3. Use to frost the top and sides of the cake of your choice.

I also would highly recommend buying her book, definetely worth the ~$14.00 (US) that it costs. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 7

ok great! thanks a lot!!!!

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 7

the best carrot cake I have had is a Martha Stewart recipe

here is the link to it:

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtmltype=content&id=recipe1110&catid=cat395&navLevel=

It doesn't look like a traditional one....but I guess there is no reason why you couldn't omit the candied strips and put nuts on the sides instead!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 7

LOL I was mentioning a carrot cake recipe out loud to who ever hears me in my living room. I know I have one, but where is it??????????????
briansbakerjr just handed me the recipe.. she is not only my little baker, she is my post it notes aswell. Here is the recipe. I was once told that the amount of oil called in this cake was to much, but I made it and I believe the oil is what kept it moist. Hope you try it too. let me know how you like it.
(can't remember where I got it from)

Carrot Cake
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of oil
2 3/4 cups of shredded carrots
3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
2 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 cups of white sugar
1 (8oz.) of crushed pineapple drained
1 cup of flaked coconut
Preheat at 325. grease and flour 9x13 pan
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. set aside
In large bowl mix sugar, oil and eggs. beat in flour mixture. stir in shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, chopped nut and coconut. pour into pan bake for 35-40 mins. or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Cream Cheese Icing
1 (8oz.) cream cheese softened
1 cup of sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Cream together cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. in a smaller bowl whip heavy cream until stiff. fold into cream cheese mixture.
ENJOY!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:33am
post #6 of 7

Here's one that my mom used to make for me....she said she would make it for me again when I got back to the states. It was her aunts recipe, and my mom changed it to her, and my, taste. IT USES BABY FOOD CARROTS!

4 eggs
2 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 small jars of baby carrots (the first foods)
1 cup walnuts (optional, I dont like nuts and its great without them)
2 cups flour
1 cup raisins
1 tsp salt

preheat oven 350 degrees. beat eggs and oil together. Add sugar, carrots and flour. Add all other ingredients (no special order) pour into rectangle pan, bake for 55 mins. ( I would think you would lightly spray the pan, but I am not sure about that...with all the oil in it I dont think you would need to but sorry I dont have that on the recipe)

Cream Cheese Frosting

4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups 10x sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter

mix all together, frost cake.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 7

This carrot cake recipe from Emeril Lagasse is excellent. I have made it several times and it tastes fantastic.
You can find it at the link below.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_20423,00.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%