Fondant Ribbon Roses

Decorating By MommaLlama Updated 18 Jan 2006 , 1:00am by jgclucas

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 14

I'm having trouble getting my ribbon roses right. Can someone show me some pictures. I must be rolling it to tight, but I can't seem to get it lose enough. So far it just looks like straight rolled playdough. I would like them to look slightly ruffled.

13 replies
MommaLlama Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 14

I know someone must do these roses. Any pics?

MommaLlama Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 14

Anything????

SmilieFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SmilieFace Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 14

I'm not really sure what you want, but here here is a link to Wilton's how-to on roses:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/fondantrose.cfm

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 14

Let me see if I can explain without showing you. As you are rolling the ribbon, pinch the bottom to form sort of a point. Also, take your thumb and pointer finger and occasionally pinch the top of the ribbon so that it isn't the same thickness all along the ribbon. Do this as you are rolling it. Clear as mud? I have some extra fondant, let me know if you need pictures, I will make a rose and take some.

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 14

Do as stated above, but also flair out as you roll. Pinch the bottom and flair out. Their are also two ways to form the ribbon. Just one layer or make a thick ribbon and fold it over and have the folded seam be the edges. See the Mother's Day cake from okieinalaska. Good luck!

MommaLlama Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 12:04am
post #7 of 14

Thanks for the help. Im going to practice somemore tonight. okieinalaska's roses are very cute!

MommaLlama Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 1:28am
post #8 of 14

Okay! Believe me these are better than the ones I was doing earlier today, but I would like some feedback so I can improve.

Thank You for the advice earlier, It is sure nice to have people in-the-know to ask.

Well it turnes out that I can't display my picture here. It says it's too big, so I will put it in my photos.

izzybee Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 1:35am
post #9 of 14

I think those are great!! Good job!

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 12:53am
post #10 of 14

izzybee.... how do you look up someone specific on here? I would love to see okieinalaska's roses but I couldn't find hers or figure out how to search just under someone's name.

jgclucas.... if it wouldn't be too much of a bother, could you take some pics to show how to do these roses?

Thanx again everyone... you guys rock! icon_biggrin.gif

izzybee Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 1:01am
post #11 of 14

chefdot, go into the galleries and do a search for ribbon roses. There are a bunch there. Also, if you go into the forums and run a search on okieinalaska, search through the ones that come up, find a post by her, then click on her name to get to her profile. A bit cumbersome but it works!

jgclucas Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 1:10am
post #12 of 14

It is bedtime for the little ones here, but I will try and take some pictures after I get home from work tomorrow. I still have that fondant in ziplocks.

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 1:38am
post #13 of 14

You guys are the greatest! Thanx for all your help. icon_biggrin.gif

jgclucas Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 1:00am
post #14 of 14

I'm still plan on posting some pictures. Hang in there, I haven't forgotten about you, I have just been working way more than I expected this week. I don't have a regular job, but am on call to sub and have been very busy this week so far. Soon, I promise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%