CakeNewbie Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 3:54pm
post #1 of

Yay! I just bought the Cake Mix Doctor book yesterday and I'm dying to bake! Any certain recipes you guys suggest I absolutely must try?

19 replies
m0use Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 4:32pm
post #2 of

Bride's White Cake
Buttermilk Devil's Food Cake
Buttermilk Spice Cake
Amaretto Cake with 2 cups of Buttermilk Devil's Food Cake added in- hmmmmmmmmmm this is really really good
Also the Orange Cream Cheese frosting but subsitute the orange with lemon is really yummy...
Also I liked the way the icing tasted when I mixed a batch of the decorator's buttercream and the White Chocolate Buttercream together.
I got rave reviews on all of the above recipes!!

AgentCakeBaker Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 5:26pm
post #3 of

Bride's White Cake
Buttermilk Devil's Food Cake

These are my two favorites.

Lisa Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 5:40pm
post #4 of

My fave is the recipe for ripe banana loaves. I make it in a bundt most of the time though and use milk instead of buttermilk. I tried both and the milk came out better.

cupcakequeen Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 7:15pm
post #5 of

would anyone be willing to share the "Bride's White Cake" recipe? I'm making my first wedding cake and am looking into making practice cakes.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:50am
post #6 of

cupcakequeen

The Bride's White Cake recipe is as follows:

"From the Cake Mix Doctor"

1 box of white cake mix
1 cup of whole milk
1 stick of butter
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract

I bake mine at 325 degrees.

momsandraven Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:59am
post #7 of

One of my favorites in the book is the melted ice cream cake. It is so moist and yummy. And the flavor options are limitless! icon_lol.gif I only buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream for this, since less expensive ice cream has a lot of air in it and when it melts you don't actually get the 2 cups required.

have fun, there are tons of good ones in there!

CakeNewbie Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 11:27am
post #8 of

Thanks you guys! I can't wait to start baking!

PureShugga Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 11:46am
post #9 of

The red velvet cake is to die for with the cream cheese icing - I use those recipes for those requests!

m0use Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 11:54pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

cupcakequeen

The Bride's White Cake recipe is as follows:

"From the Cake Mix Doctor"

1 box of white cake mix
1 cup of whole milk
1 stick of butter
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract

I bake mine at 325 degrees.

Make sure you melt the butter, and then let it cool for a couple of minutes before adding it to the batter. It makes the cake dense and very yummy.!

southerncake Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 12:09am

My whole family is addicted to the "Blueberry Muffin" cake. I usually make it in a bundt instead of a tube pan and it turns out great. It is great for dessert, breakfast, or finger food!

You will really enjoy the book!

AgentCakeBaker Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 12:42am

Mouse
I never melted my butter but if you say it will make it more dense and yummy then I will definitely try it. I'm always up for trying new ideas when it comes to cake baking and decorating. icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakequeen Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 12:48am

yes, thanks everyone! I'm going to try this tonight...because I have nothing better to do! Let's face it...what's funner and more important that cake decorating.... icon_razz.gif

charlotte Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 12:56am

Butter layer cake with sweet lime curd is the all time fav where I work.

I bought the book a month ago and absolutely love it.

flayvurdfun Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 9:11am

How much does the book cost???? I can put it on my list to get in August......

AgentCakeBaker Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:27pm

I only paid about $15 for my book. You can also check ebay from time to time. They may sell it for lesser price.

cakeconfections Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:31pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

How much does the book cost???? I can put it on my list to get in August......

You can also tried Amazon.com I just recently bought the chocolate cake mix doctor. I paid very little for it because i got it used. But there was nothing wrong with it.

tcturtleshell Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 3:10am

My fav is the Sour Cream Yellow cake. I use that for wedding cakes! Then there is the Cola Cake yummy!! The Hummingbird cake is wonderful!! I used to make it by scratch but not very often. It called for too many ingredients. Now I use the one in the book. I think it has about 6 ingredients. I just tried the Snicker Doodle cake which is very good! The whole book is wonderful!!! Buy it!!!

CakeNewbie Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 3:58am

Yeah, I think I only paid about $15 for mine too. I got it at Borders.

ccbakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 4:03am

Walmart.com has it to and sometimes they are the cheapest..I have the book but alas have not read it yet..Shame on me..LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%